The Student Room Group

Would it be better to take A levels or Access course humanities for Literature study?

At a Russell group uni, would they prefer A levels or Access course in humanities for a literature degree?
Your best bet is to contact the universities you're interested in and ask them. Some might say access, others A levels. There's no definitive answer I'm afraid.
I'm hoping to get into a RG uni with access for biology, but others said A levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Generally universities (even the top ones) have no preference. But if you are under 21 then it would probably be better to do A levels.
Reply 3
Original post by Venusian
At a Russell group uni, would they prefer A levels or Access course in humanities for a literature degree?

I'm on an access course, I've applied for English language and Lit and I have 3 offers from Russell group unis so far, waiting on the last two.

Your chances either way are probably good, but if you prefer to learn by exam then do a levels, if you prefer to learn by essay based coursework then choose access.
Reply 4
Different unis may have different preferences - maybe even different courses in the same department. It would be worth finding half a dozen degrees you like the look of, then emailing that uni's Admissions Office to ask.

If they prefer and Access course, make sure that you ask which one. They come in different subject groups and you can be rejected if you have the wrong type of Access qualification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending