The Student Room Group

Psychology Personal Statement Help

I'm just finishing off *hopefully* my last draft of my personal statement but I'm struggling a little with how to link some of the things I've done to the course. I need to link in work experience at a vets, helping out in a year 10 class and doing a charity walk. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You don't have to link everything, and the vets experience is particularly difficult as it may seem like psychology is a back up to vet med. Focus on things like extra reading instead
Reply 2
Original post by *Interrobang*
You don't have to link everything, and the vets experience is particularly difficult as it may seem like psychology is a back up to vet med. Focus on things like extra reading instead

The feedback I was given was this..

"Rather than stating that these experiences are notdirectly related to the course you want to study at uni, can you turn themround to make them more positive. Thinkabout your time at the vet practice and how each person behaved with their pet,look at emotion and how this can support your course in Psychology. Also, consider how the students you helped inthe maths programme used this support as someone they could trust to get themthrough a tough subject area. It isamazing where the use of Psychology is used!"
So I'm just struggling a little to relate them back and make it positive :frown:
Unless you can link it directlyto theories, it's pointless. This is coming from 5 years of reviewing PSs on TSR with the old review service

Quick Reply

Latest