Turn on thread page Beta

With all these diseases going around that you can catch from mosquitos and such..has really got me worried. I found an insect I've never seen before in my bathroom about 2 days ago. I'd just like to know what it is.
    It's maybe 1/4 of an inch long
    Long antennas
    It's body is an orange color
    It's wings are yellow with black stripes
    and it's got what looks like some kind of stinger.
    It's probably no big deal but I'd really like to know what it is and if it could possibly carry any kind of diseases!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    With all these diseases going around that you can catch from mosquitos and such..has really got me worried. I found an insect I've never seen before in my bathroom about 2 days ago. I'd just like to know what it is.
    Long antennas
    It's probably no big deal but I'd really like to know what it is and if it could possibly carry any kind of diseases!

which country do u live in???

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Long antennas
    I doubt it is anything harmful

ReputationRep:
    As long as it didn't sting you, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    I really hate insects, they are just so minging. Lucky for us they can be killed pretty easy. I might invest in that electric bat thing from the gadget shop which electrocutes flies and wasps.

Now nobody is going to complain, and then tell me they are part of the NSPCI are they?

Ad

ReputationRep:
    brrrr... insects give me the creeps! Once when I was toweling off, I noticed a black thing on my towel! argh! it was a massive spider! I practically ran out the bathroom screaming! Good thing no-one was around at the time! lol. But I wouldn't worry too much about that insect. The really dangerous ones are really rare in Britain...

ReputationRep:
    I heard on TV that the UK didn't have termites, and then there were like thousands of them found in some ladies house, but no one knows how they got there because the UK didn't have termites. Is that true?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know i live in the US too....did the UK not have termites....anyway

that insect u saw in ur bathroom is a type of bee they're always around my block anmd they live in a nest in a stop sign(just in case u were wondering)...i've gotten stung by them plenty of times while me and my freinds were trying to get rid of the nest(not one of my keenest plans)
    yes they hurt like a b**ch...but what stinging bug doesn't...so...don't worry about it..because i haven't come up with any disease yet so i'll let you know when i'm dying..

CR

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.