Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need yuor help and feedback watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have just uploaded our website 'www.massivesnake.com' and would be really grateful if you could give me your opinions on it.

Don't worry about the name (it's a comedy writers site) and effectively is going to operate as a sort of online CV.

Basically, what do people think? Did you have any problems?

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Mr J.

ReputationRep:
    You have yourself a good domain there, but your design is amateurish to be honest. The graphics look pixellated and are inappropriately placed. There is a lack of colour really, and the squarerish matrix of buttons is just ugly.

ReputationRep:
    it's fine although i was a bit shocked when the 1st page came...

ReputationRep:
    i think the writing scrolls way too slowly, i kinda gave up after the 1st line.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    its really well made, but not so keen on the design. bit too dull, especially for comedy writers?

ReputationRep:
    yep, unfortunately i've had 2 design it in my spare time and unfortunately know little about computers.

How were u shocked when the 1st page cme up?

J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)
    yep, unfortunately i've had 2 design it in my spare time and unfortunately know little about computers.

J
    just really big and in your face, literally. the pictures arnt very good quality either.

EDIT: lol and it looks kinda like some sort of gangsta website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)

J
    coz i think the picture of the 4 blokes is too big and i didnt expect it's black and white.

ReputationRep:
    There is no ALT tags and it seems Javascript has been used for the rollover buttons. Basicaly at least 10% of web users will have trouble using your site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    There is no ALT tags and it seems Javascript has been used for the rollover buttons. Basicaly at least 10% of web users will have trouble using your site.
    lol oh here we go :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately its meant to be dull...lol

our work is funny (at least i bloody well hope so)...

the site is there to solely to promote film studios to actually give us a break and read our work. Most writers don't even get to have their work read!!!

J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)

the site is there to solely to promote film studios to actually give us a break and read our work. Most writers don't even get to have their work read!!!

J
    i suggest you to put some clips of your work for the viewers to watch online or download.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)

J
    i dont think you would get much of a read from that site, and that scrolling i just feel its a bit unnecessary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)

J
    I am not sure what you want the site to do though? It is home made, so if its any kind of business the website will do you more harm than good, if however its a hobbyist thing its a different matter. Just don't expect a 1000 visitors over night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr J)

J
    You come across as unprofessional though unfortunately, through bad design, and I still think it's too dull even for a serious site.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.