Prouduct design A level coursework? How much

Watch
jarjarbinkss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically I want to to design technology (product design) at a level, and I want to do maths aswell (and economics). But if I do maths, I will probably have to go over everything ive learnt that day to make sure I understand the because everyone says if you dont pt the effort in for maths, you wont get a good grade. BUT Ive heard people say the product design has coursework that takes up LOADS of time, and this means i may not be able to go over maths.

Will the coursework really effect me that badly, also, i do graphics at GCSE and the coursework takes up a fair bit of my time. I wouldnt mind if i just had the coursework to do, but I will have maths on top of this. Will it be too much

THANKS BABES
chloeyasmin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I study both maths and product design a-level and what you heard is right, product design takes up alot of time! However if you make your product something you are really interested in making then the coursework becomes alto easier to do and not so much as a chore. It's just time management and work with your teachers as they have the mark scheme!! if you talk to them enough they will practically end up telling exactly how to get all the marks .. hope that helped!
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i do product design and art a level as well as two others, these are the most time consuming ones but having said that the deadline for our first project is friday and i was done weeks ago the portfolio is basically the same as GCSE and it is easier to get the product finished as you have it everyday. Unfortunately idk about maths but i would say that although PD is time consuming it isn't as bad (or good ) as the art coursework hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads