Do you think it's fair how men get paid more than women for the same job?

Watch this thread
username2324383
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I don't think it is fair because women work just as hard as men and should get paid the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
not this load of rubbish again
money-for-all
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
owh come on.......
Josh Lyman
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Not true, they are paid equally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmSxJvvAA-k - Listen to Milo (bout half way through)
College_Dropout
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Some say immigrants are taking 'our' jobs because they are willing to work for less.
Some say its easier for men to get jobs, that we are favoured.
Some say women get paid less for doing the same job as men.
This doesnt quite make sense.
LaliG
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Josh Lyman)
Not true, they are paid equally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmSxJvvAA-k - Listen to Milo (bout half way through)
Omg Milo is amazing!
difeo
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
this doesn't happen lol
difeo
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by samzy21)
I don't think it is fair because women work just as hard as men and should get paid the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
women don't work just as hard as men they actually work less hours
Josh Lyman
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LaliG)
Omg Milo is amazing!
Some of his points are true and it's fun watching him destroy social justice warriors but he is a bit of a contrarian.
hellodave5
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
The troll within says yes because men have to give all their money to their dates

I kid. But it does sort of seem expected in a way that men should pay for things, or at least buy the girl more things than he receives himself from her even in a relatively 'egalitarian' relationship.
LJStudent
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
This is factually null.

If you've ever heard of the statistic from the US "Women get paid 77 cents for every dollar a man earns", this is incredibly misleading. Firstly, it averages the earnings of ALL men and women, with no attention paid to the average hours they work, what occupation they work in (yes, some pay more than others!), or the marital status of individuals.

Secondly, have you ever heard of the Equal Pay Act 1970? That's right, it was made the LAW over 45 years ago that men and women in the same job HAVE to be paid exactly the same.

Thirdly, once you control for things like marital status, age (makes a difference, funnily enough) and occupation the gender pay gap disappears almost completely.

Therefore, for you to stand there and say that you're somehow oppressed in the Western world where you have more opportunities that EVER before, is truly insulting to those who gave their lives so women could vote and have the same opportunities as men.

If you want to fight a feminist fight, go to somewhere like Syria where it's actually needed.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Can you say myth?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Totally fair

serious response for clearly serious thread :rolleyes:
almunia
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Biggest load of rubbish I've heard in my entire life. If women were getting paid less then everybody would just hire women because we know all these big corporate people try their hardest to pay their employees the very least they can.
almunia
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LaliG)
Omg Milo is amazing!
I've been watching him for a while now and he makes the same arguments in every debate. Outside of pointing out the stupidity of feminists he really isn't good at debating political issues, especially when he tries to justify UKIP's policies.
maggiedavies
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Of course it wasn't fair ... in the 60s.

It's a thing of the past and does not happen any more because there are laws against it.

What you should be asking is if men are [secretly] more employable and favourable at interviews than women (maternity, pregnancy, hormones, cramps)!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.71%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
16.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (27)
24.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.54%

Watched Threads