Can somebody help me learn exam technique?

Watch
gregy521
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I can understand history and I've been told I know a huge amount in knowledge, but I can't seem to answer the questions properly. I can understand all the topics in exams like context, key individuals, factors of change or innovation etc but I can't do well in the actual exams. Could somebody help me with the exam technique, or find me some revision material to study?
Edit: exam board is AQA
coffeeneeded27
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think with history the main technique to get into the top bands is the ability to link the facts to each other instead of just writing stand alone paragraphs. For example in the history of medicine, the decision of Crick and Watson to work in a team led to the quick discovery of DNA, hence the technological advance that helped cure people so you can say that technological advance is linked to team work.
When i was revising, I found the best thing was to make minds maps and give each key factor a colour and stick to it across the mind maps then go back in with a different colour and draw on the links between the factors and go from there
Hope this helps/makes sense- if you have any more questions just ask
(I got an A* GCSE history and an A in AS history)
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gregy521)
I can understand history and I've been told I know a huge amount in knowledge, but I can't seem to answer the questions properly. I can understand all the topics in exams like context, key individuals, factors of change or innovation etc but I can't do well in the actual exams. Could somebody help me with the exam technique, or find me some revision material to study?
Edit: exam board is AQA
What level? GCSE or A-level?
gregy521
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I put it in the tags.
Also, thanks for the advice. History is one of the very few subjects I'm really weak at. (The other is English literature, blech)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.25%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (643)
49.23%

Watched Threads