ume-chan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'll graduate an university related media science in Japan. I studied Web technology and image processing there.

Now I want to study interactive design and future products like IoT, because I'm interested in design to connect real and digital.
My teacher recommends Ravensbourne and UCA. Furthermore I also concern LCC's courses.
I think Ravensbourne has richer facilities for digital development.

I want to know more advantages and disadvantages of them from some people's view.
Will you tell me what you know about the colleges.
Ravensbourne
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ume-chan)
I'll graduate an university related media science in Japan. I studied Web technology and image processing there.

Now I want to study interactive design and future products like IoT, because I'm interested in design to connect real and digital.
My teacher recommends Ravensbourne and UCA. Furthermore I also concern LCC's courses.
I think Ravensbourne has richer facilities for digital development.

I want to know more advantages and disadvantages of them from some people's view.
Will you tell me what you know about the colleges.
Hi Ume Chan!

I am a third year student from Ravensbourne and I understand you are interested in design and its applications to the real world.I was also interested in LCC and UCA, however I decided to choose Ravensbourne from my experience of it at foundation.

Ravensbourne college is situated next to The O2, few minutes walk from North Greenwich station.
Personally I find that it is nice to be close to London, however not directly in central where it can be quite busy. There are open spaces for both work and relaxation. Specializing in digital based media, we are supported with equipment both in and out of class that can be loaned out freely using an online book system and we also engage in practices where we collaborate with different courses.

If you are interested, check us out in the link below.
Click Me

Wish you the best!
Jay
ume-chan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ravensbourne)
I am a third year student from Ravensbourne and I understand you are interested in design and its applications to the real world.I was also interested in LCC and UCA, however I decided to choose Ravensbourne from my experience of it at foundation.
Thank you for your reply! I'm more interested in the college by your comment.How about the workshop? What are there for making 3D products or digital devices?
Ravensbourne
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ume-chan)
Thank you for your reply! I'm more interested in the college by your comment.How about the workshop? What are there for making 3D products or digital devices?
Hi Ume-chan,

We have a variety of different machines, including Makerbot, ultimakers lazer cutters for making 3D products.
Workshops include one-to-one tutorials with teachers, also group projects which involve peer reviews and discussions. As well as this for independent learning we have software training.

As I have said when equipment is occupied, other alternatives can be loaned out at the CLR which is our equipment resources. It can be quite flexible.

I spoke with my friend in 3D products so I hope this helps!
Jay
ume-chan
Rep:
?
Thank you!!
I'm going to consider to select the course with your mention. :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads