Turn on thread page Beta

My old hampster ran behind a cupboard once to escape me, am i really that bad? I also had those little ball things that they run about inside, one of them managed to die it in in fact, and then the other died soon afterwards. Not a good week for the little hampsters. Then we got a rabbit and that ran away from me...maybe i'm not destined to own pets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    haha, i know its a stupid question but how often are u supposed to clean them out? i do mine once a week but the cage must be dirty if shes got an infection and diareah
    i always did mine once a week, maybe do it more often cos she's ill. she could have caught her infection for another reason, it'll just be one of those things, but i'd clean it more often til she's better just so she doesn't get better then recatch it from her own germs (if that makes sense)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    awww i know their faces become really wide, my hamster just takes the food pot into her bed though
    thats so cool, i wanna pick your hamster up and let him or her roll about in my hands hehe, i can make it so they keep walking on my hands ( crap explanation but tired )

(Original post by DazzYaaa911)
    thats so cool, i wanna pick your hamster up and let him or her roll about in my hands hehe, i can make it so they keep walking on my hands ( crap explanation but tired )
    I'd be worried if you couldn't do that, it's pretty simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaaa911)
    lol, i think u mean putting 1 hand in front of the other as their walking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I'd be worried if you couldn't do that, it's pretty simple.
    yes but gently... and with food in its mouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    lol, i think u mean putting 1 hand in front of the other as their walking
    yeah ok ok, thats the only trick i can do

You want tricks? Kick it hard and witness the flying hampster....and i wonder why my pets always run away from me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    my hamsters had diareah for about 2 week and has lost loads of weight, its even refused food ive just offered it and never puts its ears up any more

i went to the vets today and he gave her an antibiotic injection and told me to feed her this protein stuff in her mouth every day. im wondering though, since meat contains protein should i try and feed her ham or something - i know it wouldn't get rid of diareah but it might help her put weight on :confused:
    I know it's alrady been said but DON'T FEED MEAT. Are you syringe feeding? Use the syringe to put a bit of food in the hamster's mouth (not had a hamster but for chinchillas and mice it's easier to do this from the side behind the front teeth).

Take out the syringe to allow the hamster to swallow. If you just plunge the whole lot in it can get into the lungs.

Try offering little food treats to your put, but not fruit as that won't help the problem.

Hope the little girl is OK.

ReputationRep:
    My hamsters used to bite me, so after a while I never touched the little buggers..

ReputationRep:
    Poor little fella.

Don't they sell protein supplements? Like not meat (would be very bad for hammy), but those tablet things... I'm not sure, but my gerbil used to have runny poo but not for THAT long.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.