Beach holiday recommendation with a little nightlife for mid-twenties...

Watch
theronkinator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I've not really done this sort of holiday before (I've done longer, further trips) so looking for recommendations.

We're looking for somewhere decent with a beach and a bit of night life, not really after any of the main big club places, but somewhere with a couple of clubs where we could spend a few nights would be good, other than that we'll just want some bars to chill in. We're mid 20's so past the school leavers mental holiday type thing, but would still fancy a few nights out.

Flight from Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle kind of area, looking at mid May, budget is sadly quite low at close to £250ish. I've found some deals but there are so many destinations it's a pain googling them all and a lot seem to be towns with just a few bars and restaurants, nothing for the odd big night out.

Cheers
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theronkinator)
Hi, I've not really done this sort of holiday before (I've done longer, further trips) so looking for recommendations.

We're looking for somewhere decent with a beach and a bit of night life, not really after any of the main big club places, but somewhere with a couple of clubs where we could spend a few nights would be good, other than that we'll just want some bars to chill in. We're mid 20's so past the school leavers mental holiday type thing, but would still fancy a few nights out.

Flight from Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle kind of area, looking at mid May, budget is sadly quite low at close to £250ish. I've found some deals but there are so many destinations it's a pain googling them all and a lot seem to be towns with just a few bars and restaurants, nothing for the odd big night out.

Cheers
Are you set on going abroad? Somewhere like Brighton could be ugood if you want to stay in the UK.

How far do you want to go?
theronkinator
Rep:
?
(Original post by Neostigmine)
Are you set on going abroad? Somewhere like Brighton could be ugood if you want to stay in the UK.

How far do you want to go?
Yeah wanting to go abroad, don't mind distance wise, it's a shame our budget is low as 4/5 of us don't really have a budget but we've got to cater for everyone I guess, we could do £300 at a push, looking to go abroad as we normally do camping in the uk over summer and visit a few other cities to stay with friends, so looking to get a bit further afield.
LevelTV
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First advice take a coach from North England to one of the London Airports to save a whole load of money.

Spain
I always seem to recommend Barcelona - it's just one of those you can't go wrong places.

Another place in Spain is Salou but i don't have much knwoeldge about this place so do extra research

France

Ajacio

Other places

Split in Croatia

Sunny beach in Bulgaria is 30 pence a pint place may be a bit to lively.
MountKimbie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Barcelona.

Sunny Beach in Bulgaria is full of your mental school leavers from the looks of it.
theronkinator
Rep:
?
(Original post by LevelTV)
First advice take a coach from North England to one of the London Airports to save a whole load of money.

Spain
I always seem to recommend Barcelona - it's just one of those you can't go wrong places.

Another place in Spain is Salou but i don't have much knwoeldge about this place so do extra research

France

Ajacio

Other places

Split in Croatia

Sunny beach in Bulgaria is 30 pence a pint place may be a bit to lively.
(Original post by MountKimbie)
Barcelona.

Sunny Beach in Bulgaria is full of your mental school leavers from the looks of it.
Hi, thanks for the replies, we went for Sunny Beach, looks a bit mental but it's cheap and we're going mid June which from what I've read isn't as crazy as July/August and full of school kids. Was only £219 for flights & accommodation as well so not bad at all.

Cheers.
LevelTV
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theronkinator)
Hi, thanks for the replies, we went for Sunny Beach, looks a bit mental but it's cheap and we're going mid June which from what I've read isn't as crazy as July/August and full of school kids. Was only £219 for flights & accommodation as well so not bad at all.

Cheers.
woah that's a very good deal ! compared to the quotes some mates and i were getting ( although it is for end of July )

Are you going for less than 7nights?

And is that from an airport in the North? ( cause they always seem grossly expensive )

'Club18-30' and 'Thomson scene' do boat parties and things like that.

Tripadvisor link - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Touris...Vacations.html
theronkinator
Rep:
?
(Original post by LevelTV)
woah that's a very good deal ! compared to the quotes some mates and i were getting ( although it is for end of July )

Are you going for less than 7nights?

And is that from an airport in the North? ( cause they always seem grossly expensive )

'Club18-30' and 'Thomson scene' do boat parties and things like that.

Tripadvisor link - https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Touris...Vacations.html
Flying from Manchester Mid June PM (land in Bulgaria just after midnight Saturday morning) - Return a week later (just after midnight so very early morning). Includes luggage and transfers. That's for 2 apartments, it's a little cheaper if you have multiple's of 3 so can fill the apartments fully.

It's with Thomas Cook in an 18-30 hotel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
16.04%
I'm not sure (8)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (134)
45.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed