Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That's really interesting! I didn't know that someone actually didn't know how it was done. Or that it was possible to not know how it is done.
    You basically... do it. Geez this is harder to explain than I thought. I think the best way to explain it is with your diaphragm.
    You know when you laugh, your diaphragm wobbles. So you expel a lot of air and then not very much and then a lot very quickly (high frequency).
    As practice, try taking a breath, and then going "hehehehehehehehehehehe" soundlessly, breathing out all the time. Then put it to a note. Play a note on a piano/guitar and match it with your "hehehehehehehehehe".
    I've never had to describe this to anyone, as you can probably tell! :rolleyes:

I hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    MB, you know you said that people need to learn to breathe properly and it should be inhale- rise in belly and exhale- fall of belly, well just wondering why is it when people are trying to make themselves look extra thin they are accused of breathing in?? Just wondering because it kind of defeats the object really if breathing in causes expansion of your belly!!

Lou
    xxx

When you inhale your intercostal muscles and diaphragm contract making a large volume, which makes a small pressure, which means a lot of gas can enter easily, this makes it effecient.

It would be possible to suck it in, but this isn't the best way of getting air into your lungs which is why it's uncomfertable to do i suppose. I'm no expert by any means but it's an idea.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I knew it would be something explainable! Happy birthday by the way!!!

Lou
    xxx

That was a good enough explination? You're easily impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    lol don't blame you, i just want my voice to tremble a bit rather than being plain, do u have to born wiv the skill :confused:

sing a "slide"/glissando up and down, like E('mi') down to C('Do'), and C back up to E, get faster, and reduce the number of notes you're sliding between, so you're, say, alternating between a D and an E ('ray' and 'mi')
    that'll get you a sort of trill, in effect.
    another is to stand relaxed, and immitate good old pavarotti, and try and stand up right, and let sound come out of your belly, and sing LOUD.

and a final is to sing a note, while moving your diaphramn like you would if you were laughing (you know, when youre hurting from laughing too much?)

those are the only things i can think of right now that might help.
    but if you're aiming for a Lee off Blue effect, you might as well have your balls clamped and sing falsetto, (presuming he's the one in blue that sounds girly, cos i know there is one in there somewhere that sounds girly)

another thing to make you laugh: H from Steps is in a musical. i think its Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. i can't remember now, i was in too much laughter.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.