The Student Room Group

Hijabs are amazing if the woman chooses to wear it - who agrees?

Isn't it great how a woman can be respected for so much more than her body? That is what life should be about. You shouldn't be treated well simply for the good looks you were blessed with. You didn't earn it. It also equalizes women, in the sense that they are all worshippers of God so there is little distinction and room for any one party being more superior than another. What do people think? Pls try to counter if you disagree

i agree
Reply 2
Are you serious? It's ugly so no thanks.
^ troll and *sigh* hijab isn't just what you wear, its how you act as well... its modesty
its not just a headscarf its a lot more than that and its for men too
Reply 5
Original post by JustHereToPMYa

i agree

Sorry to disappoint but that isn't hijab. She isn't covering her body and has her ass and tits sticking out.. that defeats the purpose
I disagree.
Reply 7
keep talking

ok weirdo that has a bunch of weird hijabi photos saved
Reply 8
Original post by Hydeman
I disagree.

hence I said pls try to counter (which requires more than I disagree). I'm not here to claim I am right, I'm open to any view as long as they are explained with reason
Original post by Anonymous
hence I said pls try to counter (which requires more than I disagree). I'm not here to claim I am right, I'm open to any view as long as they are explained with reason

It's personal preference; I simply prefer more revealing clothing (if having one's hair exposed can be termed 'revealing' in the first place).
I agree
It's only "amazing" if she's fully committed to leading the appropriate lifestyle that goes along with wearing it. It isn't just a physical symbol, it's supposed to mean so much more than that. It's a way of life, it's a big commitment and it requires a lot of patience and willpower. It represents self-respect. With it, you're either all in or all out, there shouldn't be any in-between. You have to be very strict about the way you behave and about the things you do in your life.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 12
Life is unfair, deal with it. Stop running away from that fact. Life is all about luck, yes the lives of good looking people are easier (in general, even though there are exceptions of course). And again, it's ugly.
Reply 13
Original post by Hydeman
It's personal preference; I simply prefer more revealing clothing (if having one's hair exposed can be termed 'revealing' in the first place).

:colone:

i agree

😂😂😂 loool
Reply 14
I agree, but don't forget hijab includes your behaviour and mannerisms too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I disagree with the implication that showing your hair and body is somehow immoral or immodest, especially as the men aren't subject to such stringent guidelines. Apart from the misogyny in that, some of the most prideful people I've ever met have been hijabis who see themselves as holy just because they subscribe to bronze age ideas about the female body. How a woman chooses to dress is no reflection on her virtue and worth or 'goodness'.
Original post by turtleberrysoup
i disagree with the implication that showing your hair and body is somehow immoral or immodest, especially as the men aren't subject to such stringent guidelines. Apart from the misogyny in that, some of the most prideful people i've ever met have been hijabis who see themselves as holy just because they subscribe to bronze age ideas about the female body. How a woman chooses to dress is no reflection on her virtue and worth or 'goodness'.

yes exactly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending