The Student Room Group

Girl touched my thigh

Hi all,

Yesterday I went out with friends. I was sitting next to a my (male) friend's sister. I've really known her for about 2 months. We've seen each other every week since then at house parties. We usually have a 10-15 minutes conversation each time and that's it.

We started to talk about friends of ours and life in general when she first held my hands for like 30 seconds. Then she stopped doing it and touched my thigh. She put her hand on it and just stayed in that position... I just kept talking because I was so surprised. I was embarrassed too, her brother (my friend) saw everything...

The thing is I have no idea either she's interested in me or she's just a tease. It wouldn't be the first time a girl who doesn't want anything to do with me would be flirting with me. There are girls like that.

I'd like to know if it already happened to you? And when someone does that it usually means they like you right? What should I do? I have her number but I've no idea what to tell her... I only recently moved on from a crush, I don't want to fall again and I don't wanna be rejected again.

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

No-one here can tell you whether she's teasing or likes you. All you can do is make small moves yourself and see how she responds. Smile at her, make eye contact, joke... This teasing/flirting game is never simple (it wouldn't be fun if it was...) and some you win, some you lose.

PS. You don't win any if you don't try so don't let fear of rejection stop you. You win one for every three rejections...
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You win one for every three rejections...

lol did you make that statistic up?
Reply 3
No-one here can tell you whether she's teasing or likes you. All you can do is make small moves yourself and see how she responds. Smile at her, make eye contact, joke... This teasing/flirting game is never simple (it wouldn't be fun if it was...) and some you win, some you lose.

PS. You don't win any if you don't try so don't let fear of rejection stop you. You win one for every three rejections...

I see but she's my friend's sister and it does not help, maybe he wouldn't like her sister to be with a god friend of his. And If she likes me, I don't know how she took the fact that I acted as if nothing had happened at all. I didn't remove her hands but I didn't do anything that could make her realize I like her too.

I don't know when I will see her again. Maybe this week maybe in 2 months, I have no idea. I should send her a text and see how she replies but I've no idea what to tell her.
Reply 4
Hi boy who's thigh has been touched,

Myself and my friend have taken it upon ourselves to advise boys just like you.
We are two girls at University that have been on both sides of this situation.

Firstly do you like her?

If so, then don't waste time wondering, just text her saying that you enjoyed talking to her and if she wanted to meet up outside of parties to get to know each other properly. (Without your friend/ her brother around).

If you don't like her, then you need to be the one that is in control and ask her what she wants from you.

Theres nothing worse than not knowing where you stand with someone, so if you ask, you'll know.

Hopes this helps x
I didn't read but I used to touch and stroke my ex's thigh whenever he sat next to me. I did this because it's a sign of affection. I liked touching his body, any body part of his because it somehow made me feel closer to him.
Reply 6
Original post by UWS

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool your comment and your profile picture.
Original post by UWS

I'm imagining you saying that with the facial expression in your avatar and it works pretty well.
Reply 8
Hi all,

Yesterday I went out with friends. I was sitting next to a my (male) friend's sister. I've really known her for about 2 months. We've seen each other every week since then at house parties. We usually have a 10-15 minutes conversation each time and that's it.

We started to talk about friends of ours and life in general when she first held my hands for like 30 seconds. Then she stopped doing it and touched my thigh. She put her hand on it and just stayed in that position... I just kept talking because I was so surprised. I was embarrassed too, her brother (my friend) saw everything...

The thing is I have no idea either she's interested in me or she's just a tease. It wouldn't be the first time a girl who doesn't want anything to do with me would be flirting with me. There are girls like that.

I'd like to know if it already happened to you? And when someone does that it usually means they like you right? What should I do? I have her number but I've no idea what to tell her... I only recently moved on from a crush, I don't want to fall again and I don't wanna be rejected again.

Thanks.

If you didn't mind it, then dont be a wuss about it lol.

If you did mind, then sue her for battery (the application of unlawful force, intentionally or reckelessly done so). There was a case in my AS Law syllabus where a man was convicted for touch a girls hair and another was convicted for touching a girls skirt. But that is if you are uncomfortable with it.
She probably just wanted to get to know you better and express that she appreciates you being around. Does she have any other friends but you?
If I touched a guys leg and he made a thread about it on TSR, I would wish I never had touched his thigh in the first place...
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
If I touched a guys leg and he made a thread about it on TSR, I would wish I never had touched his thigh in the first place...

that is so true -- cringey >_<
Reply 12
Original post by Unigals

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA this account
I needed a good laugh ty
I have no idea if she's interested but I know my penis would have shown my interest in that scenario.
That's just getting high and personal
Original post by UWS

wouldn't wanna mess with you! ^_^ good point tho.
Original post by Unigals

Firstly do you like her?

If so, then don't waste time wondering, just text her saying that you enjoyed talking to her and if she wanted to meet up outside of parties to get to know each other properly. (Without your friend/ her brother around).

If you don't like her, then you need to be the one that is in control and ask her what she wants from you.

Theres nothing worse than not knowing where you stand with someone, so if you ask, you'll know.

Hopes this helps x

listen to that ^^^
Reply 17
Do you have a problem with our advice Khadijaalimalik? Or are you the girl that he's talking about? It would explain your bitchy outburst. x
Original post by Unigals

Firstly do you like her?

Hopes this helps x

It's hard to say to be honest, before that I only saw her as my friend's sister. I like talking to her and it didn't bother at all when she did that. I think I just don't know her enough to be able to know if I like her or not. But I could like her, yeah.

I'll try to do that, thanks.

Original post by itsy_rosexx
She probably just wanted to get to know you better and express that she appreciates you being around. Does she have any other friends but you?

Well we are a group of about 10-15 friends. I'm in it and her brother too. We all see each other every week. She doesn't come all the time though. I'm the last person who joined this group so I'm probably the person she knew the less last night.
Do you like her?
If so, flirt back and ask her out for a drink
if not, remove her hand and run away.
simple :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending