The Student Room Group

How much alcohol do you drink a week?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Sex is bad for you too if you don't look after your health properly/take precautions. :dontknow:

Yeah but you can manage that risk and it isn't an inherent part of it. Stop ruining everything. :huff:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Yeah but you can manage that risk and it isn't an inherent part of it. Stop ruining everything. :huff:

Perhaps if you're a man. Pregnancy is a pretty considerable health risk :lol:
Oddly the amount I drink has decreased since starting uni because during my gap year and during sixth form I regularly went to the pub to eat drink play pool and watch football. As people seem to prefer clubbing at uni in addition to finding it hard to hype myself up for a club night after a hard days study, I probably only drink on the weekends now!
Reply 23
What's the equivalent of 0 units? :teehee:

Teetotalism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apart from the one drink slip up at a friends birthday, I ve been teetotal since september :smile:
none
Also I'm sure the unit count would be higher in my case because I often have snakebites if I'm drinking at home and that potentiates the strength of the alcohol via a chemical reaction. Plus it really hurts your teeth the next day...
Apart from the odd special occasion, I don't really drink.
None. I sometimes drink but I'm happy to be alcohol free. The last time was a cocktail 2 months ago and then 4 or 5 months before that.

I'm going out on Friday. Might drink then.
Normally go out twice a week and have about 8-12 units a night or maybe more. Had about 22 in one night and lets just say its best to avoid speaking of that night
Reply 30
Not enough.
0-7. Depends on whether there's an occasion.
Perhaps if you're a man. Pregnancy is a pretty considerable health risk :lol:

:P

Moderate drinkers get more womens?

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jan/13/heineken-ad-moderate-drinking

[video="youtube;5A4v3vyHWOU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A4v3vyHWOU[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
I am yet to go to uni but when I do go out for a drink, according to the unit calculator I have around 13 units in one night? It seems a bit high however but I don't think I get particularly ****-faced, out of my friends who do go to uni I am the one who drinks the least.

I am surprised by how little most on here seem to drink.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I am yet to go to uni but when I do go out for a drink, according to the unit calculator I have around 13 units in one night? It seems a bit high however but I don't think I get particularly ****-faced, out of my friends who do go to uni I am the one who drinks the least.

I am surprised by how little most on here seem to drink.

The general feeling is that TSR posters drink less than average. :h:

Maybe everyone else is too hungover to post :teehee:
When I lived in the UK, I drank quite a lot. In Canada, it's all coffee, coffee, coffee... I drink 1-2 beers or 1-2 glasses of wine less than once a month. Never drank enough to get drunk here. But I have drank so much coffee hanging out with friends that my hands started trembling from the amount of caffeine consumed. Some social groups here could really stand to cut down on the coffee as I see some friends who perpetually have a cup of coffee in their hand at all times.

So, I barely drink. But I'm not healthy. I drink stupid volumes of caffeine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending