Did i die?!

Watch this thread
anonoymous123
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i got into a serious car accident and was medically dead, my heart stopped for 5 minutes. However I managed to survive after being in a coma for a year...

does this mean i died? I am girl and am still in hospital, receiving therapy
Incredible97
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I guess this is your spirit on TSR then :erm:
Hamoody
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by anonoymous123)
i got into a serious car accident and was medically dead, my heart stopped for 5 minutes. However I managed to survive after being in a coma for a year...

does this mean i died?
Sorry ma'e but you deffo did. Apologize in advance, but the truth sometimes hurts. :reaper:
How does it feel like to be dead?

(Original post by Incredible97)
No, because your on TSR ..
Again, it could be his spirit :eek:
mkap
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
If your heart stopped then you did medically die for five mins.

If you were in a coma you did not die you were just unconscious.
Incredible97
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hamoody96)
Again, it could be his spirit :eek:
:iiam:
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

does this mean i died?
(Original post by mkap)
If your heart stopped then you did medically die for five mins.
The heart stopping is not a criterion for death. The OP was not dead.
Martinnathalie9
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yes, you died. This is hell.
mkap
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
The heart stopping is not a criterion for death. The OP was not dead.
In medical conditions he died. In terms of spirituality he did not die bc death is an absolute thing. ygm
Hamoody
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
:iiam:
Couldn't you have just repped me?
Spoiler:
Show
I kid I kid
anonoymous123
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
guys i am a girl
Incredible97
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hamoody96)
Couldn't you have just repped me?
Spoiler:
Show
I kid I kid
Lol stop begging for reps
Spoiler:
Show
EricPiphany
Badges: 17
Report 6 years ago
guys i am a girl
That's cool.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mkap)
In medical conditions he died. In terms of spirituality he did not die bc death is an absolute thing. ygm
Repeating the same nonsensical claim over and over does not make it true. The criterion for death is normally brain stem death, not the heart stopping. Huge numbers of people have had their heart stopped, often deliberately as part of a medical procedure.
Hamoody
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Lol stop begging for reps
Spoiler:
Show
You replied and never even considered repping me?!?!? This calls for a war :lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock::lockstock:

Oh, my bad, OP is dead, we should be respectful here :erm:
Spoiler:
Show
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:
John55
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What happens when you die?
Helenia
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Repeating the same nonsensical claim over and over does not make it true. The criterion for death is normally brain stem death, not the heart stopping. Huge numbers of people have had their heart stopped, often deliberately as part of a medical procedure.
Actually, brainstem testing is only done in a handful of patients, mostly on intensive care. The majority of deaths are diagnosed by lack of heartbeat, breathing activity or neurological response.

But the OP did not die, because resuscitation was continued and was successful. Whether they were "dead" during the cardiac arrest is a question I couldn't give you a definitive answer to, and I run cardiac arrest teams on a regular basis.
username2028267
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

does this mean i died?
Nope, God loves you, he wanted you to survive
BefuddledPenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Nope, you are your brain, if your brain didn't die then you were still alive, albeit whilst lacking a heartbeat.

Congrats on your recovery by the way.
username2028267
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by John55)
What happens when you die?
we die .
Plagioclase
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
:rip:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
27.27%
Take a gap year (17)
15.45%
Resit my exams (30)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.45%
I don't know yet (11)
10%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.55%

Watched Threads