Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help plz... Big family problem watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Nobody can or should answer those questions for you. We can only support you and offer suggestions, but in the end, make the choice that you feel most comfortable with.
    Yeah, but I want to know what you guys would do if you were in my situation. I just can't get rid of my sad side no matter how happy I try to pretend in front of people. Every time I argue with my parents, those memories just come back. Now I just want to know what you guys would do please. I know it's hard to decide...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocoboy)
    Yeah, but I want to know what you guys would do if you were in my situation. I just can't get rid of my sad side no matter how happy I try to pretend in front of people. Every time I argue with my parents, those memories just come back. Now I just want to know what you guys would do please. I know it's hard to decide...
    What would I do, seriously, Id talk to another member of the family, someone you trust, then I would say "cut the crap or ill slap you with an AVO"

Tell your family you are so unhappy, have you ever told your brothers and sisters this? Is there a kids help line that you can call ananymously to ask for advice like there is here. I dont think it has anything to do with having a rich family, not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    What would I do, seriously, Id talk to another member of the family, someone you trust, then I would say "cut the crap or ill slap you with an AVO"

Tell your family you are so unhappy, have you ever told your brothers and sisters this? Is there a kids help line that you can call ananymously to ask for advice like there is here. I dont think it has anything to do with having a rich family, not at all.
    Does my story sound very sad? I guess I'm pretty okay now because maybe I've adapted to it. Anyway, they would know that I'm not happy because they've treated me that way already. What's the point of telling them? By the way, I really can't find someone mature from my relatives who I can trust and talk to.

ReputationRep:
    Does my story sound very sad? I guess I'm pretty okay now because maybe I've adapted to it. Anyway, they would know that I'm not happy because they've treated me that way already. What's the point of telling them? By the way, I really can't find someone mature from my relatives who I can trust and talk to.
    Well you are contradicting yourself, youve said you want to change but now your saying different. What hope do you have of changing the situation. It starts with you. And yes, you sound like you are miserable. What about a friend's mum or dad or even a friend, or an older friend? Grandparents? You sound like, you as a person arent very 'out there' you sound like your personality is reclusive.

ReputationRep:
    Well you are contradicting yourself, youve said you want to change but now your saying different. What hope do you have of changing the situation. It starts with you. And yes, you sound like you are miserable. What about a friend's mum or dad or even a friend, or an older friend? Grandparents? You sound like, you as a person arent very 'out there' you sound like your personality is reclusive.
    LoL grandparents. I guess you don't understand much about my family. My grandparents aren't understanding at all, they're just the same as my parents. Yes I've told my friend some of this, but it still doesn't solve the problem. By the way, I want to change myself but I don't know if it's right to, you know? You know, it's good for me to run away from the family and live by myself to get rid of those memories. But does it sound right if people hear about it? No.

ReputationRep:
    LoL grandparents. I guess you don't understand much about my family. My grandparents aren't understanding at all, they're just the same as my parents. Yes I've told my friend some of this, but it still doesn't solve the problem. By the way, I want to change myself but I don't know if it's right to, you know? You know, it's good for me to run away from the family and live by myself to get rid of those memories. But does it sound right if people hear about it? No.
    Well nothing is going to vhange if things keep going the way they are, so You will be the one who has to do somehting about it, if you dont, you cant much want things to be different, do you get that?

ReputationRep:
    Well nothing is going to vhange if things keep going the way they are, so You will be the one who has to do somehting about it, if you dont, you cant much want things to be different, do you get that?
    Yes I've got that. That's why I've been arguing so much. In fact I wanna run away and live by myself after university - this is the biggest decision that I don't know if I should make.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, if I 'do' do something about it, it just always won't be right on one side even though I'll solve my own problems, do you get what I mean?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I've got that. That's why I've been arguing so much. In fact I wanna run away and live by myself after university - this is the biggest decision that I don't know if I should make.
    do you know how juvenile "running away" sounds? Of course you can live by yourself after uni, you will be over 18 legally they cant stop you.

ReputationRep:
    do you know how juvenile "running away" sounds? Of course you can live by yourself after uni, you will be over 18 legally they cant stop you.
    Of course I know. That's the thing stopping me. But if you were in my situation, you wouldn't want to see them ever again in your life. You will just want to live on your own and never go back or visit them. This is the feeling that you would get, but it is not necessarily the thing that you would actually do. It's just.... hai i don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I know. That's the thing stopping me. But if you were in my situation, you wouldn't want to see them ever again in your life. You will just want to live on your own and never go back or visit them. This is the feeling that you would get, but it is not necessarily the thing that you would actually do. It's just.... hai i don't know.
    Which family background are you, Japanese?

If it were me, and becuase of the kind of person I am, I would do it, and I would make them pay, id probably sue them for emotional abuse But thats just me.

ReputationRep:
    Which family background are you, Japanese?

If it were me, and becuase of the kind of person I am, I would do it, and I would make them pay, id probably sue them for emotional abuse But thats just me.
    I'm Chinese. Oh right then, thanks for your opinion. By the way, I would very likely do that too anyway... but just want other opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I argued with my parents again. Today, my granny was sick and she still came to my house to help us cook for dinner. I've said to my granny many times that if she is sick, don't come to help us cook because she is 7x years old already. So I said to her, 'Can you please listen to me? Why are you still trying to endure all this pain? You are 7x years old already' And then she said 'Just leave me alone' and all this stuff. So I'm like, nothing to say again. - - Then my dad said to me 'Hai you have such little respect for the elders.' Hmmm, I thought, who's the one who has such little respect? I've said all the stuff to my granny because I want her sickness to go away more quickly and get better. Also, she won't pass her cold to other people. So I'm like, geez, I'm just trying to tell the elder people what's wrong with them. No matter how morally right I am, they just won't listen because they think they lived more years than I did so they are more right than me. They never realize how immature they are.

ReputationRep:
    seriously, I think you may need to see a shrink to being to start to work out your problems, that way youll know exactly whats wrong.

ReputationRep:
    seriously, I think you may need to see a shrink to being to start to work out your problems, that way youll know exactly whats wrong.
    What do you mean by shrink?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by shrink?
    Psycologist.

ReputationRep:
    Psycologist.
    There's nothing mentally wrong with me.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing mentally wrong with me.
    Psyciatrests deal with mental illnesses, Psycologists deal with human behavior.

ReputationRep:
    Psyciatrests deal with mental illnesses, Psycologists deal with human behavior.
    On the other hand a "shrink" is a psychiatrist rather than a psychologist.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    On the other hand a "shrink" is a psychiatrist rather than a psychologist.

MB
    meh, either or. :rolleyes:

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.