littlemisslens
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Through GCSEs I was positive, committed and happy. Sixth form hit me hard and I've struggled like hell. I had to quit sport completely because of injury and became depressed. I'm coming out of depression now as I'm slowly getting back into exercising however I still find it impossible to revise.

I want to revise, I enjoy my subjects and I know what I need to do. I just can't do it. I would just lie in bed and stare into space for hours. When I think about starting my revision I seriously panic.
How do I get out of this and become my old self
AmazingArry
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by littlemisslens)
Through GCSEs I was positive, committed and happy. Sixth form hit me hard and I've struggled like hell. I had to quit sport completely because of injury and became depressed. I'm coming out of depression now as I'm slowly getting back into exercising however I still find it impossible to revise.

I want to revise, I enjoy my subjects and I know what I need to do. I just can't do it. I would just lie in bed and stare into space for hours. When I think about starting my revision I seriously panic.
How do I get out of this and become my old self
Concentrate on doing things that make you happy. I felt the same through my a levels and in class I was going really well in terms of understanding things but I couldn't get a word down on paper and I couldn't revise or make notes which meant I did crap in exams and that got me really depressed. Turned out I have a learning disability and it wasn't my fault.

So I changed subjects and did things than made me happy and weren't as academic. Go back to sport and go the gym regularly or go on runs. That helped me a lot in terms of managing my depression and it increases endorphins in your system to get "the runners high" as we call it. You do start to feel better.

Talk to your teachers and learner support maybe your gp if you're confident enough to go see them, they can really help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AmazingArry
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The important thing is your mental health, concentrate on fixing that. It's a priority. Let your education take a back seat because honestly depression is more hell than doing bad in your education which you can fix a lot more easily than your depression.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads