The Student Room Group

English schools will teach kids that Africans were here first

Members of the 'Black and Asian studies association' have got a history course introduced to 16 year old British school children that teaches that Africans were the earliest inhabitants of Britain.

However, historian Sir Roy Strong says that the only Africans who were here were a few who came with the Romans and then left.

Chris McGovern, Chairman of the Campaign for Real Education, said that it was pro-immigration propaganda.

The course will be taught in English schools from September 2016.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
PC all over
Didn't we all come from Africa?
Reply 4
This does not really make sense... Whoever 'got here first' would surely be referred to as British ancestors, and not Africans (if they came from Africa). Also, this part of the world has been inhabited for a REALLY long time, long before the Roman empire ever even thought about existing. But maybe the first humans were found in Africa and then emigrated into Europe and other parts of the world, I don't actually know, but I think that's a possibility. But then people should not be taught that 'Africans got here first' but that the human race first evolved in Africa, and, obviously, they are our ancestors. Any mention of Rome would be weird here... Though I think it's great to teach people that African people have been enslaved for literally thousands of years and that they contributed (amongst other non-African slaves) to the infrastructure of the Roman Empire.

Also, I can't imagine why a Conservative government (that has capped the number of Syrian refugees to 12,000) would want to start a pro-immigration campaign.
Thought we all came from Africa anyhow?

But really I'd assume you'd say Mainland European hunter-gatherers eventually settled X thousands of years BC, since we share the majority of genetic links to those populations.
The problem is that, from my understanding, technically the first inhabitants were Africans. But the designation is meaningless when taught in the modern age.

It's like referring to the Hittites as Turkish.
According to some Afrocentrics all of Europe was once Black

and so was Africa, Asia, the Americas...

They are desperate to cling onto other peoples culture
Original post by TheArtofProtest

Essentially, yes.
Original post by WatsRlyHappenin'

You do realise that you don't suddenly switch skin colour once you set foot in Europe, right?
Original post by WatsRlyHappenin'

Africa yes.
Asia and Europe yes.
Americas no.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
From ruling the waves to PC freakshow. RIP Brittania.
on your marks, ready, set go!

let the black hating commence!!
Reply 13
Original post by XisNations
on your marks, ready, set go!

let the black hatting commence!!

Ok Ich will begin.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by EiffelTower123
Members of the 'Black and Asian studies association' have got a history course introduced to 16 year old British school children that teaches that Africans were the earliest inhabitants of Britain.

However, historian Sir Roy Strong says that the only Africans who were here were a few who came with the Romans and then left.

Chris McGovern, Chairman of the Campaign for Real Education, said that it was pro-immigration propaganda.

The course will be taught in English schools from September 2016.

OP, can you please just admit this thread is really just an opportunity to hate on the blacks.

That way I can feel less guilty when I do it.
Original post by TheArtofProtest

Technically yes, though it's not quite that simple when you factor in other non-African hominid species that genetically contribute to the "modern human", such as the Neanderthals.

That's not what this proposed curriculum is talking about though, they are refering to Africans who came to the British Isles with the Roman legion.
OP, can you please just admit this thread is really just an opportunity to hate on the blacks.

That way I can feel less guilty when I do it.

Weren't you just in a thread saying how harsh police treat black people?
Original post by stevennotyou
Weren't you just in a thread saying how harsh police treat black people?

Yes, I was.

Which is why my post in this thread makes perfect sense when you think about it.
Yes, I was.

Which is why my post in this thread makes perfect sense when you think about it.

When YOU think about. However to those with common sense. No.
Reply 19
Yeah, 50 cent's 50x Great Grandfather was a big rap star in the London Ampitheatre in between the gladiator battles.

The Latin version of 'in da candy shop' had the local girls all a swoon.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending