Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up Optimism pays off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    you can actually walk on the grass in emma - that's the next major factor for me! i hated the "Piss off we dont want you here" feel of some of the more presitgious colleges - like kings - with all the "keep of the grass" signs....i felt happier in emma, it said to me "come in and feed out ducks!!"
    erm... i thought you couldn't walk on the section of the grass with the duckies on? Grass walking was one of the things I checked out when i was looking for colleges too.. You can walk on the grass at Newnham!

ReputationRep:
    The grass on the front court you cant walk on - everywhere else you can. And although you get ducks on the front court, they're mostly around the pond - thus plenty of duck viewing action available for all!

ReputationRep:
    I thought that too, but I don't know. Only just saw the front of Emma when I was in Cam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    I thought that too, but I don't know. Only just saw the front of Emma when I was in Cam.
    I think I'll bring some grass with me to Cambridge, so that I won't have to worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Just get a couple of squares of turf and attach them to your shoes Portable grass

ReputationRep:
    get a roll of grass and make up your own "keep of the grass" sign, then unroll the turf across one of the main paths around the front court of kings, and put the sign on top of that - would love to see how all the tourists react! - would they dare to step on the grass!

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe that could be another Cam tradition for us Willa

ReputationRep:
    Hehehe that could be another Cam tradition for us Willa
    I've got an even better idea. I'll bring two ducks, and tie one under each shoe. Portable Emmanuelness.

ReputationRep:
    Poor ducks! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    you know peterhouses deer park, with no deer in it what-so-ever. Well we were told that only fellow's animals can live in the park, so if we get enough money, me and a friend are gonna buy a sheep for a peterhouse fellow, and force them to make it live in the park! SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP!

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard most Peterhouse fellows would like having a sheep around

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard most Peterhouse fellows would like having a sheep around
    Says the Scot. Anyway, I thought they were more into boys.

ReputationRep:
    no, when i spoke to the peterhouse lot, they seemed to have a strange interest in blowing stuff up - it's all they talked about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    no, when i spoke to the peterhouse lot, they seemed to have a strange interest in blowing stuff up - it's all they talked about

??? Chemists?

ReputationRep:
    How Did You Know!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)

Why do Scotsmen wear kilts?

Because sheep can hear zips

ReputationRep:
    Why do Scotsmen wear kilts?

Because sheep can hear zips
    That's terrible! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Terrible joke or terrible for the sheep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Heard of the Adonian society anyone?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.