Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Todays Tory party political broadcast disgusted me. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the Tory party broadcast. The usual garbage about hardworking people, as if the disabled and less able deserve nothing.

Camoron made no mention of the cruel sanctions and work ability assessments made by that despicable IDS, that are stripping the disabled and most vulnerable in society from benefits leaving them destitute simply because they're not hardworking people, as Camoron puts it!

He made no mention of the thousands of homeless people including war veterans who have been stripped of their benefits and homes.

The Tories only care about the privelaged, the lucky or the able in society. If someone is not able or unlucky then the Tories don't care!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    They are wasting money on illegal immigrants rather than helping our homeless, I know :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    Just seen the Tory party broadcast. The usual garbage about hardworking people, as if the disabled and less able deserve nothing.

Camoron made no mention of the cruel sanctions and work ability assessments made by that despicable IDS, that are stripping the disabled and most vulnerable in society from benefits leaving them destitute simply because they're not hardworking people, as Camoron puts it!

He made no mention of the thousands of homeless people including war veterans who have been stripped of their benefits and homes.

The Tories only care about the privelaged, the lucky or the able in society. If someone is not able or unlucky then the Tories don't care!
    There's actually surprisingly few war veterans that are homeless. There was a study done a few years back highlighting that most ex forces on the streets were people who had failed phase 1 training.

Please also note that homeless doesn't mean sleeping on the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    They are wasting money on illegal immigrants rather than helping our homeless, I know :/
    'I'm poor and politicians don't listen to what I say, it's probably the fault of those other people who are even worse of than I am'
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    'I'm poor and politicians don't listen to what I say, it's probably the fault of those other people who are even worse of than I am'
    I don't have any problems with money.

ReputationRep:

Why would the Tories mention left-wing slanted cherry-picked rhetoric on their party political broadcast? I bet Labour aren't going to mention record employment, best growth prospects in the EU and near 4% private sector wage rises in their broadcasts.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

I think the worst bit is how the work assessment loses money due to ridiculous outsourcing firms AND manages to curb people's freedoms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    There's actually surprisingly few war veterans that are homeless. There was a study done a few years back highlighting that most ex forces on the streets were people who had failed phase 1 training.
    That's interesting. Never knew that

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else automatically turn off when people say stuff like 'Camoron' etc?

ReputationRep:
    Conservative Ad

Mother Student of a working couple

"I think a lot about where I'll be in five years time." "With a great education I'll have the qualifications I need to get a good job and to earn a living"."And when I do get my first job, I want to know for all the hard work and hours I put in, I'm rewarded for my efforts".

Oh really?

Your be on a min wage job earning under £21,000 and paying nothing back on your student debt while your £41,000 student debt matures on staggering interest rates developing into a debt you can never repay and merely acting as a offset bond just so the Government can keep liquidity in the economy on your back as a debtor for life.

That is a generous nice reward for all that hard work.

Father of a working couple.

"After many years of working hard and saving, we finally have a place to call our own." "With the safety and security of a roof over our head we decided to settle down and have our own family." "Its just great to know that I can go to work and know that my kids will be supported".

So you say.

And the 20% home equity from the Government that is stored in your home gets bigger and bigger everyday and yet allows the Government to park Quantitative Easing debt in your household without you having any knowledge about it.

Sounds groovy.

Working Mother

"I want to give my kids the best possible start in life, a place where they can get a great education.""I love the NHS because its always been there for me and my family. I want that for everyone wherever, whenever".

Just like everyone.

But everyone doesn't vote Conservative because some of us know they've been privatizing the NHS behind the back door and intentionally under-funding the NHS so faults come out of no where.

Middle aged female worker.

"After years of hard work and paying taxes Im really looking forward to spending the rest of my life with the security of a state pension".

But if you happen to have additional needs?

You can bog off because attendance allowance has been abolished and the money has been given to local councils to fill funding gaps else where in their budgets.

David Cameron then speaks

"Lies, Rubbish, Lies, Rubbish"

More Private Debt * Dismantling the Welfare State * Creating another Bubble

VOTE CONSERVATIVE!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.