Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How does BTEC Level 3 ICT work? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How do you achieve a merit or distinction in them. For example : if I had completed a PASS and MERIT Task but I had 3 other PASS tasks not done what grade would I get ? Another example : If I had completed a DISTINCTION and MERIT task but I hadn't completed 2 other Pass tasks what grade would I get ?and How do you work that out ? My teachers hasn't really explained it properly do you have to do all ?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to get all DISTINCTION to get a DISTINCTION overall I'm not sure about the exact numbers your teacher should explain to you what you need to get DISTINCTION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenziedgamer)
    How do you achieve a merit or distinction in them. For example : if I had completed a PASS and MERIT Task but I had 3 other PASS tasks not done what grade would I get ? Another example : If I had completed a DISTINCTION and MERIT task but I hadn't completed 2 other Pass tasks what grade would I get ?and How do you work that out ? My teachers hasn't really explained it properly do you have to do all ?
    When I did mine in sports science about 5 years ago, it was the case that the lowest mark determined the overall grade for that specific module. So if you were to get D, D, D, M, P, it would be likely that you would receive a pass overall. If you get one bad grade in a set of distinctions, though, it is possible that you may be able to redo the grade if it will have a significant outcome on your overall course classification etc. though. But this seems a bit arbitrary, and cannot be relied upon.

ReputationRep:
    Lool I don't think you understand what I meant I mean in a single assignment not overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenziedgamer)
    If you have not done 3 Pass tasks then you would fail the unit. You MUST achieve ALL passes to Pass. All passes plus all merits to get a Merit and all P,M and Distinctions to get a Distinction for each individual unit. There are new rules this year regarding resits. Speak to your tutor to ensure you know exactly what must be done. You can also get full information from Edexcel website at;
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...s/it-2010.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.