Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a tattoo on my wrist when I was 15. I was very young and naive and I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life back then, but now i'm starting Uni in September and i'm going to be doing a Law Degree and i'm worried my tattoo might hold me back or give the wrong impression. What do you guys think? I don't know anyone else who's in the same situation and i'm pretty worried about it.

ReputationRep:
    it might hold you back in the legal profession but then theres no reason for you to expose your wrist if you really didnt want to. at uni it would have no effect i imagine

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it - you can easily cover it up for interviews etc. and I don't think people will care that much at uni

ReputationRep:
    I have to ask, what is your tattoo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I have to ask, what is your tattoo?
    Its 3 very small birds on my wrist, no fancy detail or anything, just the solid black birds. In terms of size, I would say its probably about 2 inches long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeHunter123)
    I got a tattoo on my wrist when I was 15. I was very young and naive and I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life back then, but now i'm starting Uni in September and i'm going to be doing a Law Degree and i'm worried my tattoo might hold me back or give the wrong impression. What do you guys think? I don't know anyone else who's in the same situation and i'm pretty worried about it.
    You could always cover it with some heavy duty concealer if need be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeHunter123)
    Its 3 very small birds on my wrist, no fancy detail or anything, just the solid black birds. In terms of size, I would say its probably about 2 inches long.
    If it's small, have you tried covering with a watch? functional and professional in a Law environment, and also easy to take on and off for when you do want to show it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Mate, makes absolutely no difference. I have 3 tattoos, 2 on my back and one on my wrist - all small and innocuous. Nobody cares. Also, if you cover it up for interviews, it's not going to be a problem at all. That's what I used to do.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any tattoos myself (only because I've never found anything I like enough/has enough meaning to me to want permanently) but lots of my course mates have them. Some are very discreet, others less so. Yours sounds quite discreet and easy to cover. There's absolutely no reason for it to hold you back at university.

You may wish to cover it for interviews etc if only for your own comfort so you aren't self conscious of it. You might find wearing a suit jacket covers it sufficiently or a good suggestion here was to wear a watch that would cover it given the placement.

Good luck at university

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't matter, but if you don't like the tattoo, get it lasered off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.