Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My phone got snatched today :( And i feel awful Watch

Announcements

So basically, I go to uni in London and as I was walking out of my accommodation to go to a morning lecture a guy on a moped snatched my phone out of my hand and rode off
    I was in such panic, like I didn't believe what happened and it took like 2 seconds for me to comprehend what actually happened

And now for the whole day I have been stressing about it, thinking what if i hadn't had my phone out or what if i was 2 minutes earlier that morning

So how do I get over this is my main problem

Help?

ReputationRep:
    People are so naive, it happens a lot these days and with phones becoming more and more expensive, it's such a shame because so much finance is tied into the phone. I normally slate insurance but if in a big city and you like to flash your goods, I'd recommend insurance in future, better to pay over the odds for an item than now having to pay for an item you no longer have and thus receive zero benefit from.

Hopefully you've gone the serial number and can block it, at least this minimises potential profit but the thief has probably sold it on by now, meaning some poor person has bought a stolen phone. Not that you should ever buy used goods like a new looking phone without ever observing a receipt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically, I go to uni in London and as I was walking out of my accommodation to go to a morning lecture a guy on a moped snatched my phone out of my hand and rode off
    I was in such panic, like I didn't believe what happened and it took like 2 seconds for me to comprehend what actually happened

And now for the whole day I have been stressing about it, thinking what if i hadn't had my phone out or what if i was 2 minutes earlier that morning

So how do I get over this is my main problem

Help?
    What part of london was this?

(Original post by XisNations)
    What part of london was this?
    North/West - I go to UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    North/West - I go to UCL
    Oh right. Surprised to hear about something like that in Bloomsbury.

Anyhow, dont agonise over it. sometimes universe throws you a chit sandwich out of nowhere. Just gotta gulp it down and move on.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    What sort of phone? Is it an iPhone? If so, get to https://icloud.com quickly, lock it and see if you can track it. If it's an Android, I believe Google have a similar facility: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager/

So sorry this happened, OP!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Have you reported it to the police?
    I had my phone stolen when I was 18 and it took a good month for the anxiety from the experience to be something I felt able to cope with. It's okay to be shaken up by the experience

(Original post by iEthan)
    What sort of phone? Is it an iPhone? If so, get to https://icloud.com quickly, lock it and see if you can track it. If it's an Android, I believe Google have a similar facility: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager/

So sorry this happened, OP!
    It was an iPhone but my iCloud was turned off FML but the phone was locked and it has been blacklisted - i have changed all my passwords and everything

Thanks though

(Original post by claireestelle)
    Have you reported it to the police?
    I had my phone stolen when I was 18 and it took a good month for the anxiety from the experience to be something I felt able to cope with. It's okay to be shaken up by the experience
    Yeah i have reported it to the police

Yeah it's something that i can learn a lesson from

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.