The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Change of name for UCE

Apparently, UCE are discussing what new name they should have. They want to have 'Birmingham' in the name, as 'people dont know where UCE is'!

One of the options is/was Birmingham University of the Midlands, but they rejected that as it had the initials 'BUM'!

It will be changed by the time the new year starts in September.

I think its a great idea. The suggestions I like are Birmingham Metropitan University or Birmingham City University.

Any suggestions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Birmingham Uni (i.e. the big one in Edgbaston) already gets confused with UCE. I think sticking Birmingham in the title would make it worse... stick with UCE I reckons.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
I agree, stick wit UCE, I kno which uni im talkin about when telling people then!

GD
Reply 3
"birmingham city university"

what about all the aston villa fans? :tongue:
Reply 4
"Central University in Birmingham"???.............its all I could think of at the moment, or CUB for short?:confused:
Reply 5
Its supposed to be announced this month.

Have you heard any more?
How about...... City of Birmingham University, or just City of Birmingham Institute for Further Education?
Spiffy
"birmingham city university"

what about all the aston villa fans? :tongue:

Yeah don't forget us Villa fans :biggrin:
Reply 8
/////
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm voting for Birmingham Chamberlain University :smile:

just think it sounds the best of the three options given.
They should name it to something cool like, THE ULTIMATE UNI EVER.

But I voted for Chamberlain Uni, sounds nice.
i had a informal interview with the admissions tutor on thursday for the quantity surveying course and apparently the favourite names is birmingham metropolitan university!! and if it changes, it will be done by next september, however its not a final decision to change the name!
the name Birmingham Metropolitan University just makes me think of the police :redface:
Reply 13
Birmingham Met sounds horrible, its makes me think of Leeds Met, Manchester Met, and London Met, UCE need to be original.

didn't they alreayd have change it from University of Central England to UCE Birmingham, surely UCE Birmingham kinda gives away where it is.

Birmingham Chamberlain is nice!
Reply 14
I got sent an email from UCE asking me what name I would like ( even though I dont go to UCE anymore) , as far as I can remember I chose Birmingham Chamberlin University, I didnt like either Birmingham met or Birmingham city Uni.
whats with the Chamberlain part? :redface:
Reply 16
Reply 17
I like the chamberlain but HATE metropolitan, it just sounds terrible.

I was sent an email too and I objected to the name change. One of the main reason's they're changing it is because the names too long so renaming it with such long names as birmingham chamberlain and birmingham metropolitan kind of defeats the point of it all IMO
Annie72

thanks
Reply 19
:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending