Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I am an international student and studying the diploma course in University of Sussex for the first year.
    As i just arrived Brighton for a week , i don't know much about this place.
    Are there any football games or teams i can join and play regularly in Brighton?
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    University of Sussex is right next to the Amex Stadium, home of Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club.
    You might not be good enough to earn a professional contract, but you can be part of their "community": www.albioninthecommunity.org.uk/

ReputationRep:
    I think the football school organised by the community only offer training for children from 5 to 14....and I am 18
    Anyway , thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amufe)
    Hello
    I am an international student and studying the diploma course in University of Sussex for the first year.
    As i just arrived Brighton for a week , i don't know much about this place.
    Are there any football games or teams i can join and play regularly in Brighton?
    thank you!
    There is football sessions which are just for fun on tuesdays and fridays. If you want competitive football there is team which trains basically on campus on tuesdays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsmurf)
    There is football sessions which are just for fun on tuesdays and fridays. If you want competitive football there is team which trains basically on campus on tuesdays.
    Can I have more details like how can I join it?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Nice! I am having the same question and I'm also a new student who is studying international year one in university of sussex. Always wondering where can I play football in Brighton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonyyykalam)
    Nice! I am having the same question and I'm also a new student who is studying international year one in university of sussex. Always wondering where can I play football in Brighton.
    unfortunately , i still can't find anywhere i can play football....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amufe)
    unfortunately , i still can't find anywhere i can play football....
    oh yah me 2. I find it hard to join any football event and place for me to play football..

ReputationRep:
    I know there used to be a group that would meet up a couple of years ago when my boyfriend went to Uni there, just Google search it. They weren't all uni students though and it was quite a casual, informal thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.