Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a girl. I like girls. I'm a "Muslim" and Asian. What to do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a muslim and I would like to advise you that chill out. Don't consider yourself as a muslim if you are not following what the religion is asking from you. I'm not saying leave Islam, but look into Islam more and don't go against the Islamic laws. You're initial life partner is the one whom Allah has chosen for you. Don't be temporarily insane because of Shaitan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh man that's terrible! The majority of Asians that I've come across have been super homophobic. Even if they seem liberal, I'm always skeptical.

I'll come out to close friends once I've got a feel on their attitudes towards the LGBT community. This has never really come up in conversation, so I wouldn't know how they would react.

Thank you for the kind and encouraging words

Ah I understand; all the best of luck to you and no problem

(Original post by Zeeiqbal)
    I'm a muslim and I would like to advise you that chill out. Don't consider yourself as a muslim if you are not following what the religion is asking from you. I'm not saying leave Islam, but look into Islam more and don't go against the Islamic laws. You're initial life partner is the one whom Allah has chosen for you. Don't be temporarily insane because of Shaitan.
    I don't consider myself a Muslim, hence why I put it in quotation marks in the title. However, according to my family and peers, they assume that I am one due to being born into the faith.

I simply do not believe. Researching into the religion will not suddenly make me believe. It is the first pillar of Islam - the Shahada, profession of faith i.e the belief in God.

This is not temporary. I was born this way. Never in my life have I ever lusted after a man. I've never been attracted to a man. I do not see a future with a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeeiqbal)
    She's not a Muslim and her partner is not who Allah chooses (because he doesn't exist), but who she chooses. Shaytan doesn't exist either and there's nothing wrong or sinful about being gay and choosing to have a homosexual relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    She's not a Muslims and her partner is not who Allah chooses (because he doesn't exist), but who she chooses. Shaytan doesn't exist either and there's nothing wrong or sinful about being gay and choosing to have a homosexual relationship.

Even though she is not religious; she will still be discriminated by the society because they're backwards minded. There's nothing wrong with being gay; but it can be very difficult to do so in such a society that may possibly target her if she does choose to do so.

ReputationRep:
    You're human being who hasn't chosen any of this.

You have to be true to yourself OP, even if you don't come out to your family right now. If you force yourself to live a lie, you will end up hurting people when maybe you have a husband and children and tell him you can't continue with the lie.

ReputationRep:
    I relate to this post on so many levels it is actually stupid! This 'conditioning' us south Asians (I'm Pakistani) go through at a younger age, in terms of culture,tradition, and religion really does royally screw us when we do start thinking for ourselves and personally i think its embedded into our psyche so we will never be able to get rid of it #devilsa*****

That being said, i think you should completely avoid telling your parents about it *oh my god what da*** is wrong with her^^^* But they wouldn't understand, its a simple culture clash, its nothing but a perverted disease to them and as much as you suffocate them with a rainbow blanket they still will end up throwing holy water on you.

I say you keep searching yourself, be honest to yourself, and find a girl that can understand your situation not only emotionally but intellectually.

And Finally. you just have to accept it, its hard! ( Its got to the point were i gotta stare at the floor if someone attractive walks by , *gotta love the beauty of concrete eh?*) But learning to embrace yourself, and shunning this petty guilt, will help you move on from that dazed and bemused stage in your life!

I hope all goes well!

ReputationRep:
    'm really late but still. You are right. There's absolutely noting wrong with you. In fact Im not sure but I think I have a crush on this friend who's a girl and like I'm a girl and I'm Muslim so. Also this is new cuz I do like guys I guess. But as I do fear and believe in God I think I'll have to ignore this. Even if I wanted to announce it I won't be able to. The girl is Muslim too and my family will kill me. Also I'm sure she'd never like me like that anyway.
    Now the way I see, yea it seems really unfair like why can't you just love a human sexually regardless of their gender? Why does it have to be a boy and a girl only? Well, imo however unjust it seems Allah has a test for everyone in this world. You are born in this crappy world as a test to see if you muddle in with everyone and become crappy too or you choose the hard way and control your desires, your wishes for the love of Allah. Do you do something, however small it may be, which helps someone in some way, do you use your individuality and uniqueness and put it into good use bringing some benefit to others? We all have a reason to be here. It's your job to find your purpose in life and work hard towards it.
    Life is a prison for the pious. Just sacrifice in the way of Allah. After all you're gonna die one day and this world with all it's beauty and cruelty is gonna disappear. So just try to follow Allah's way. I'm sure there will be some special reward for ppl who oppress their desires in the way of Allah. Everyone got tests. This is God's test for you. It's okay being gay try not to act on it. Yea it's your choice tho. It's between you and God. But as far as I know this is an act Allah doesn't like at all. Read about hazrat Loot's quam. They indulged into these acts and got the worst ever azaab. This worlds gonna end anyway might as well just follow what Allah likes.
    It may still not seem fair but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Just abondon your religion . It says that you should be killed anyway. It's the same with Christianity .

*cue muslims saying "astaghfirullah"*

Yep, you read the title right.

I like girls. I like their hair. I like the way they smell. I like that they're soft. I like that I can connect with a girl far more intensely and quicker than I do with a male.

I've always liked girls. It's always been like that. When I was a child, I'd never see the hype with boys when my female friends would be getting boyfriends. Even through my teenage years, I'd never have crushes on boys - on girls though, YESSSSssSss.

Right, enough about girls. Let's move onto me, as a person.

I am a female adult who was born and raised in an Asian AND Muslim household. Both identities are notorious to shun out anyone part of the LGBT community.
    I'm not a practicing Muslim. I don't believe in a God. Yet I don't drink nor eat pork. I even eat Halal food. Maybe there's a part of me that's super scared that there is a God. Anyways that's another forum topic.

I don't believe in a God because why would he/she make me the way I am? Why would he bring me into a world where people will reject me and think I'm disgusting for merely just loving another human being?

And for those who think "you chose to like girls". Um, no. I didn't wake up one day and think "Hmmmmm YESSSS I'm going to go against my religion and my ethnic background and fancy girls. Just for the #baNTZ!!!". Oh no no no. I didn't chose to be like this.

I;ve never been in a relationship with a girl, not been with one sexually. I lust after both these things. But I have a feeling that I'll never be able to do so. Even if an opportunity came, I would feel guilty.

Being from an Asian background and Muslim background, marriage is a big deal. I'm in my 20s. I'm finishing up my studies. This is the prime time for girls and boys of my background(s) to get married. Marriage is such an important thing in Islam and in all South Asian communities.

So marriage is traditionally between a man and woman (god said adam and eve not adam and steve, am i right ?!?!), and guess what, I don't like men in that way. I've tried to invest myself with a man. I can't connect with a man on an emotional level. The though of their genitals does not make me aroused. How on earth can I get married to one? If I don't get married, I'm a failure. If I come out, I will be shunned by my family and the Asian and Islamic community.

Sooooo, I'm pretty much f*cked. Let's be real, I'm not coming out any time soon to my family or friends.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to get married. I don't want to ask "God" for forgiveness. I simply do not believe in him/her.

If you're a Muslim and reading this, do not pray for me. Don't make dua for me. There's nothing wrong with me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey! I'm Muslim, Asian and I like girls. I've been taught to be religious ever since I was a little kid. I'm not a lesbian. I'm a bisexual. I'm like 90 percent into girls.

I believe in god, though. What I don't believe in is the fact that homosexuality is a sin. Why would god made me like girls if he despised it? I don't quite think about my future nor marriage. I just go with the flow.

My friends know that I'm bi and my sister is okay with it too. I'm not openly bi but I'm not ashamed of myself either. It's been so long since I've felt the "connection" for guys so we're both pretty much :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ed lol.

There's this quote that really keeps me going. It goes something like: "God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers." On the bright side, we're one of his strongest soldiers.

I'm gonna work my ass off so that I will be able to live on my own if anything goes wrong. If I was lucky enough, I'd fall for a guy. But if I happened to fall for a girl, it'd be really hard for me. But there is no way I'm gonna give up on her.

Anyways, my point is, this is your life. You deserve to be happy despite all those :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: they say. So, find the person you love. If you think, they're worth it, move out. Don't let fear stop you from being together with someone you love.

Have a nice day!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;61981767]*cue muslims saying "astaghfirullah"*

Hey! I'm Muslim, Asian and I like girls. I've been taught to be religious ever since I was a little kid. I'm not a lesbian. I'm a bisexual. I'm like 90 percent into girls.

I believe in god, though. What I don't believe in is the fact that homosexuality is a sin. Why would god made me like girls if he despised it? I don't quite think about my future nor marriage. I just go with the flow.

My friends know that I'm bi and my sister is okay with it too. I'm not openly bi but I'm not ashamed of myself either. It's been so long since I've felt the "connection" for guys so we're both pretty much :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ed lol.

There's this quote that really keeps me going. It goes something like: "God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers." On the bright side, we're one of his strongest soldiers.

I'm gonna work my ass off so that I will be able to live on my own if anything goes wrong. If I was lucky enough, I'd fall for a guy. But if I happened to fall for a girl, it'd be really hard for me. But there is no way I'm gonna give up on her.

Anyways, my point is, this is your life. You deserve to be happy despite all those :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: they say. So, find the person you love. If you think, they're worth it, move out. Don't let fear stop you from being together with someone you love.

Have a nice day!

pray sister. pray and tell god to forgive you. pray and cry it all out. INSHALLAH YOU'LL BECOME BETTER

I just have to say... we need more people like you in this world! DAYYUM GIRL. The sass! Even from behind a screen I can tell you radiate wittiness.

Joking aside, I really really feel for your situation. I honestly can't imagine anything worse than being torn between the life you've known and the life you really want when they can't be mixed. In this day and age, I would have hoped that would never be an issue. Are you sure your family would shun you? I mean, they could surprise you or is that definitely not an option?

We're all beautiful, strong women and I think if you have a super strong circle of people around you, you can conquer almost anything.

ReputationRep:
    The Qur'an was written in a time where women were seen to be second class citizens. They probably thought that women weren't capable of being attracted to women. i understnad that there's nothing written in the Qur'an, but that probably because they couldn't give a rats a** about women's thoughts and feelings back then 😂
    Hahahahahaha good joke. You are joking right? Let me tell u something, the first ever university was made by a muslim women and muslim women where teaching there. the first ever person to convert to islam was a women lol. The prophet had 4 wives (not at the same time) 3 of these wives he didnt mary them for there looks or own personal desires but to care and support them as they were widowed and/or couldnt support themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRICHARD)
    the first ever university was made by a muslim women and muslim women where teaching there.
    The oldest university in the world is the University of Bologna, in Italy. The word university was coined at this moment.

"Al Quaraouiyine University" is a religious school and was certainly created as such. Many scholastic schools predated it by the way.

ReputationRep:
    oh, honey, i totally understand what youre going through, i'm not a muslim but i do come from a south-east asian country which is still ass-backwards like many others, and i am a raging closet homosexual. i hope you can get yourself in a situation where youre surrounded by people who care about you and wish the best for you and not discriminate you because of your sexuality. i hope youll find inner-peace and understand that you did not choose your sexuality by any mean whatsoever, you dont have to feel guilty for something that wasnt your choice. <3

ReputationRep:
    i am a muslim girl and i am not treated like filth. The culture is responsible for that not islam. islam in fact was the first religon to establish womens rights while everybody else was treating them like filth.
    (Original post by Marco1)
    Lol. What do mean back then? They still don't. Islam keeps women right down under the male thumb. The whole Islamic world treats women like filth. There's no equality, just mental and physical cruelty.

ReputationRep:
    *cue muslims saying "astaghfirullah"*

Yep, you read the title right.

I like girls. I like their hair. I like the way they smell. I like that they're soft. I like that I can connect with a girl far more intensely and quicker than I do with a male.

I've always liked girls. It's always been like that. When I was a child, I'd never see the hype with boys when my female friends would be getting boyfriends. Even through my teenage years, I'd never have crushes on boys - on girls though, YESSSSssSss.

Right, enough about girls. Let's move onto me, as a person.

I am a female adult who was born and raised in an Asian AND Muslim household. Both identities are notorious to shun out anyone part of the LGBT community.
    I'm not a practicing Muslim. I don't believe in a God. Yet I don't drink nor eat pork. I even eat Halal food. Maybe there's a part of me that's super scared that there is a God. Anyways that's another forum topic.

I don't believe in a God because why would he/she make me the way I am? Why would he bring me into a world where people will reject me and think I'm disgusting for merely just loving another human being?

And for those who think "you chose to like girls". Um, no. I didn't wake up one day and think "Hmmmmm YESSSS I'm going to go against my religion and my ethnic background and fancy girls. Just for the #baNTZ!!!". Oh no no no. I didn't chose to be like this.

I;ve never been in a relationship with a girl, not been with one sexually. I lust after both these things. But I have a feeling that I'll never be able to do so. Even if an opportunity came, I would feel guilty.

Being from an Asian background and Muslim background, marriage is a big deal. I'm in my 20s. I'm finishing up my studies. This is the prime time for girls and boys of my background(s) to get married. Marriage is such an important thing in Islam and in all South Asian communities.

So marriage is traditionally between a man and woman (god said adam and eve not adam and steve, am i right ?!?!), and guess what, I don't like men in that way. I've tried to invest myself with a man. I can't connect with a man on an emotional level. The though of their genitals does not make me aroused. How on earth can I get married to one? If I don't get married, I'm a failure. If I come out, I will be shunned by my family and the Asian and Islamic community.

Sooooo, I'm pretty much f*cked. Let's be real, I'm not coming out any time soon to my family or friends.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to get married. I don't want to ask "God" for forgiveness. I simply do not believe in him/her.

If you're a Muslim and reading this, do not pray for me. Don't make dua for me. There's nothing wrong with me.

I understand why you're scared but you're going to affect yourself emotionally and mentally by forcing yourself to act "straight". Yes the Islamic community is very strict on their marriage laws, but why would you want to marry a guy you don't even feel aroused to and force yourself to have kids in order to make your family happy. I don't know what advice to give you as you're in a difficult position. But what you need to know is that it's your life and you shouldn't let people control it. God would want you to be happy even if you don't believe in him/her. If you don't believe in him then you don't, and you have nothing holding you back apart from your family. You need to seek out what's right for you. Talk to someone who you can trust. like I said before, I don't know what advice to give you as you're in a difficult position. But I hope my comment helped you in someway. Good in the far future my dear friend, I truly hope you'll find happiness.

ReputationRep:
    lesbians piss me off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XisNations)
    According to Islam, you should stone yourself.
    Oh yeah thats the best advice u can give?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.