Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to break up without hurting him Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    He's forcing me to meet him tomorrow
    Make sure it is in public, the guy sounds like a total liability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonOfTheGun)
    Make sure it is in public, the guy sounds like a total liability.
    Yes you're absolutely right, I will for sure

ReputationRep:
    If he's threatening to leak pics pretty sure you can get the police involved

Tbh I can understand you wishing to break up with him in a "nice" way , if he was actually kinda nice but thats not really on tbh (him saying he shall leak pics) I mean if you truly loved someone why would you wish them harm like that?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a **** that doesn't deserve your patience or time.
    Cast him aside and flush him away like the used toilet roll he is.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone for the advice. It worked! He's left me alone now. I think its because I mentioned the police

ReputationRep:
    he still keeps threatening me, I tried to tell him about how I'd tell the police if he spreaded the pictures. But then he said that apparently if I tell the police then he could just say that he was drunk when he did it and that the police would let him off. Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    anyone???

ReputationRep:
    he still keeps threatening me, I tried to tell him about how I'd tell the police if he spreaded the pictures. But then he said that apparently if I tell the police then he could just say that he was drunk when he did it and that the police would let him off. Is this true?
    No they wouldn't. Has he threatened you via text yet so you have proof?

ReputationRep:
    We had a fight a week ago about how I'm apparently not interested in him because apparently I never start the conversations and whenever he does I always say I want to sleep after 10 minutes. But that's because I've been studying a lot recently so get tired earlier than usual. And also talking to him is tiring. Whenever we talk it's mostly just him asking to see proof that I'm actually with my female friends and no guys or if I'm actually at home. Whenever he sees me online he asks who I'm talking to. He told me he'd ruin my life if I ever cheated. He looks through my phone and reads all my messages and he also called all the guys I had in my contacts and threatened them and told them to never speak to me. He told me I can't have any male friends but I don't see anything wrong with it. I know I'm not doing anything wrong and that it's a purely platonic relationship so I continued to talk to them. When he found out he broke my phone so I ended up having to buy another one.

I tried to break up with him the day before yesterday because I had enough and he basically threatened to leak some intimate pictures he has of me if I left (I'm south Asian so my parents aren't going to be happy if they find out). What should I do?

EDIT: he still keeps threatening me, I tried to tell him about how I'd tell the police if he spreaded the pictures. But then he said that apparently if I tell the police then he could just say that he was drunk when he did it and that the police would let him off. Is this true?

Do you have messages of him saying he will leak the pictures? If not, try to get it out of him. Text him something like "Will you actually leak those photos if we broke up"
    If he says yes, or confirms it in anyway then you can take it to the police. Once they have proof that he intends to do that his "Ill just say I'm drunk and they will let me off" excuse is no longer valid.

But seriously though, he sounds like a psycho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    No they wouldn't. Has he threatened you via text yet so you have proof?
    No it was over the phone but I'll try and get proof via text

(Original post by Louise997)
    Do you have messages of him saying he will leak the pictures? If not, try to get it out of him. Text him something like "Will you actually leak those photos if we broke up"
    If he says yes, or confirms it in anyway then you can take it to the police. Once they have proof that he intends to do that his "Ill just say I'm drunk and they will let me off" excuse is no longer valid.

But seriously though, he sounds like a psycho
    That's a very good point, I haven't thought about it like that. Thank you for this suggestion

Yeah he really is a psycho :'(

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.