Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How comes every girl on dating sites.... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...lists travelling as her main passion/interest in life?

And their entire list of interests will be travelling, spending time with friends, some genre of music, shopping, and some of them might even chuck in reading (a completely see-through attempt to make themselves look intelligent)

I see this same list of interests time and time again. lols, way to differentiate yourself

ReputationRep:
    ...maybe they just like travelling? It's not exactly an uncommon interest.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or is the amount of girls on dating sites who not only list that, but have pictures with lions or riding elephants....

It's like wtf.... if you had half a brain you wouldn't be supporting such cruel tourist magnets.

ReputationRep:
    Its quite a common hobby mate...

ReputationRep:
    They think it makes them look Worldly and interesting, I personally don't give a **** how much they have travelled.

ReputationRep:
    By the look of a lot of girls on dating sites it seems the only place they travel is the fridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    By the look of a lot of girls on dating sites it seems the only place they travel is the fridge.
    lol, yeah seems about right, lots of chubbies and chubby chasers on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Updated my OP.

See full point I'm trying to make.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Plus my other point is so many women dont seem to have any other real interests/passions other than travelling

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XisNations)

lols, way to differentiate yourself
    They think its interesting, thing is I find that it means they are the same personality type as me which I don't tend to set on with. Its like exchanging the same life experience/outlook. I may or may not have been where they have but its the same talk which doesn't interest me a great deal. I find its like having a conversation with yourself talking to them.

Other female phrasebook lines on dating sites include:

'must make me laugh' - irritating

'realize my family mean everything to me' - Translation: Means you'll be spending every moment of your free time with her with them, cosy, lol.

'Love to live not work to live' - cheesy

'A man who's not afraid to....'

'who is confident and able to handle his own in social situations' - just like they can of course!

etc, etc.

Yeah the travelling thing is just sooo boring though. Every time I read a profile its hugghhh... another one, surprise, surprise. Why don't they put something down about wanting children or something rather than, 'want to go (traveling) again soon. It would be different and more what the bloke wants to hear rather that I want to visit another boring **** place that was similar to the other places I traveled so I can tell everyone about it who is not that concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the girls on the dating sites are pretty similar to each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gavin2016)
    They think its interesting, thing is I find that it means they are the same personality type as me which I don't tend to set on with. Its like exchanging the same life experience/outlook. I may or may not have been where they have but its the same talk which doesn't interest me a great deal. I find its like having a conversation with yourself talking to them.

Other female phrasebook lines on dating sites include:

'must make me laugh' - irritating

'realize my family mean everything to me' - Translation: Means you'll be spending every moment of your free time with her with them, cosy, lol.

'Love to live not work to live' - cheesy

'A man who's not afraid to....'

'who is confident and able to handle his own in social situations' - just like they can of course!

etc, etc.

Yeah the travelling thing is just sooo boring though. Every time I read a profile its hugghhh... another one, surprise, surprise. Why don't they put something down about wanting children or something rather than, 'want to go (traveling) again soon. It would be different and more what the bloke wants to hear rather that I want to visit another boring **** place that was similar to the other places I traveled so I can tell everyone about it who is not that concerned.
    m8, would rep you if I could on the tsr app.

I know right. That's literally every girl on dating sites.

They're all the f'in same, yet each one expects you to write her a shakespeare in your first message

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

They're all the f'in same, yet each one expects you to write her a shakespeare in your first message

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ha, ha, ha, yeah they do don't they its like off the back off what... that horrendously generic profile of theirs. Its like reading the back of a cereal packet then someone asking you to write an A grade English lit essay from it with off course the vital injection of humour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ananaz)
    How come every man on a dating site lists ''food'' and ''watching TV, playing video games'' as his interest? Like honestly, no-one gives a ****.
    Ooo b*tchy, lol. Possibly some truth in that, I never have though as I always was brought up that if girls hear you, 'play computer games' its a turn off, even though I still occasionally do, mostly when stressed. So I don't put it down there, I've never listed food under the interest section, nor am I over weight, perhaps its just me though

ReputationRep:
    Not relevant what their interests are as 90% of them don't feckin' reply to you any way!

ReputationRep:
    its a really common thing to do, i mean you rather they list out what they like etc than waste time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Fridge won't betray you though MrsSheldonCooper

I have a question.. Do men mind if a woman is not well travelled? Would you find her boring, or inexperienced because of it?

Because so many women do post that they are well travelled I feel self-conscious because of that....

I would like to go on holidays, and I've been on quite a few, but I'm quite a home body and don't like to be away from friends and family for too long and therefore actual travelling doesn't appeal to me. I'm still educated I guess as I'm a UCL student.

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty extensive list for a woman's dating site profile. More often they just write 'cocktails' and 'holidays' or 'full tyme mumy'. The worst profiles are the ones that just say 'ask' or 'if I rite everyting down on the profile we will haf noting to talk about lol', as if they couldn't write one bloody sentence about themselves.

I'm not sure if IRL women are as lacking in substance as dating site women or they're just the dregs.

ReputationRep:

And their entire list of interests will be travelling, spending time with friends, some genre of music, shopping, and some of them might even chuck in reading (a completely see-through attempt to make themselves look intelligent)

I see this same list of interests time and time again. lols, way to differentiate yourself
    That's funny because I find men list the exact same things on their profiles. Depending on what website you use there is sometimes an option you can select to state if you want kids or not. Why would someone need to be so specific?

Wants kids
    Wants three goldfish
    Wants to live in a three bedroom cottage in Sussex by the age of 29.

I mean come on. If those are the activities a person enjoys doing who are we to knock them.I myself hate writing everything on my profile as it I'd rather leave something for us to talk about. You will be able to distinguish what their real desires are once you have a conversation with them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.