Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm gay and looking for a relationship Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gay female(fem) and I'm looking for a relationship. I live in Birmingham and I've been struggling so much. Even if I just get a friend that I can talk to about these things. That's a the thing I don't have that. What people's advice on this. I need help😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Assuming you're at uni, check if your university has an LGBT society or something similar. It's a good place to start.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to uni I'm in collage, and yeah they do have a LGBT club but I'm so scared of attending it because of how many homophobic people are in the collage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethanydivina)
    I don't go to uni I'm in collage, and yeah they do have a LGBT club but I'm so scared of attending it because of how many homophobic people are in the collage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are there lots of homophobic people there?

Go to the club, make friends who you can really talk to. If somebody tries to bully you, take all the channels available to you - publicly out them as a homophobe, report them to whatever kind of authority is around, and if they so much as touch you with homophobic intent, report it as a hate-fuelled assault. It's the truth, and they can't bully you from inside a cell for six months (that's the sentence for assault).

ReputationRep:
    Thank u so much for the advice☺️

ReputationRep:
    Can message me if you like

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.