Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are straight women in the West the most privileged group of people in history? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    define the time period 'history'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    define the time period 'history'
    From the beginning of the universe until now

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no

Yes:
    -stay at home all day
    - until recently perceived to be hot
    - sleep with bosses to get promotions

No:

- no vote for years
    - raped throughout history
    - Zayn isn't white female

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Thoughts?
    Yes, slim white women in the West above a 5/10 looks wise, live life onGOD MODE

brb getting surgery to become a white woman so I can open my legs and have any guy do anything for me

The movie "White Chicks" pretty much sums up the life of white women in the West - every day's a phukin holiday lol

ReputationRep:
    White men have it better

ReputationRep:
    Thread has so obviously been created to provoke a reaction...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    No.
    - favoured in schools
    - favoured when applying to university
    - favoured when applying for jobs
    - less likely to be assaulted
    - less likely to be murdered
    - less likely to be driven to suicide
    - less likely to be homeless
    - less likely to be convicted of the same crime
    - when convicted, receive lesser sentences
    - more spent on their healthcare
    - longer life expectancy

etc etc

and then straight and white speaks for itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    - favoured in schools
    - longer life expectancy

etc etc

PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    - favoured in schools Erm how?
    - favoured when applying to university Once again, how...
    - favoured when applying for jobs Depends on the job sector
    - less likely to be assaulted Sure, sure :rolleyes: Tell it to all the rape victims who are being assaulted & raped by THE REFUGEES atm
    - less likely to be murdered Right...

Corrected you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn Malik)
    Yes and no

Yes:
    -stay at home all day So black, Indian, Asian, Arabic women don't do that? Okay... I guess you learn new things every day :rolleyes:
    -until recently perceived to be hot
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    What a load of BS. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ananaz)
    What a load of BS. :toofunny:
    lols, joke went right over your head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XisNations)
    lols, joke went right over your head.
    It really didn't otherwise I wouldn't be laughing rn. But because of what OP said, people will take it seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ananaz)
    Corrected you.
    favoured in schools Erm how? The system was changed from more linear (i.e exams at the end of the 2 year GCSE/A level period, which suits boys, to modular, which suits girls, causing girls to now get higher results)

- favoured when applying to university Once again, how... Far more scholarships for women.

- favoured when applying for jobs Depends on the job sector There's a 2 to 1 female advantage in STEM subjects. I can't find any stats for the general job market but I doubt it's enough to overturn that STEM difference.

- less likely to be assaulted Sure, sure Tell it to all the rape victims who are being assaulted & raped by THE REFUGEES atm "Sure, sure", lol it's a fact... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_di..._United_States

- less likely to be murdered Right... Again, a fact. See above link

It's not "correcting" me to disagree with statistics, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    - favoured in schools
    - longer life expectancy

etc etc

The claim was to include the whole of history.

I think it is absolutely absurd to claim that white women today are more privileged than any of the thousands of Royal families the world has seen over the last few millennia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    The claim was to include the whole of history.

I think it is absolutely absurd to claim that white women today are more privileged than any of the thousands of Royal families the world has seen over the last few millennia.
    I suppose I could have used a better word than "group", but I thought it was pretty clear that I was meaning a larger demographic than just one family, i.e some combination of race/sex/nationality/sexuality/location/time period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    x.
    Look mate...
    Honestly I'm having a ****ty time right now and I'm a straight white female!
    Why you would go along with some antifeminist nonsense to make yourself feel better is beyond me?

I am a feminist in so far as it means I want women to be treated equally well to men. I care about men too! I care about people in general. I don't want people to suffer.

Why on this earth are you wasting your energy on hate? Not every straight white female is fine. Also middle aged white men make up a portion of society that is highly privileged then a few blocks up the road the same age group and gender is suffering poverty and mental health issues. There are no hard and fast rules. Stop being divisive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    favoured in schools Erm how? The system was changed from more linear (i.e exams at the end of the 2 year GCSE/A level period, which suits boys, to modular, which suits girls, causing girls to now get higher results)

- favoured when applying to university Once again, how... Far more scholarships for women.

- favoured when applying for jobs Depends on the job sector There's a 2 to 1 female advantage in STEM subjects. I can't find any stats for the general job market but I doubt it's enough to overturn that STEM difference.

- less likely to be assaulted Sure, sure Tell it to all the rape victims who are being assaulted & raped by THE REFUGEES atm "Sure, sure", lol it's a fact... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_di..._United_States

- less likely to be murdered Right... Again, a fact. See above link

It's not "correcting" me to disagree with statistics, lol.
    About linear/modular exams. Last time I checked they are changing it to 'linear':
    http://www.cife.org.uk/article/the-n...nd-gcse-exams/ And even if you're right, how does it relate to white women only........

Nah, men are more likely to become surgeons in many, many countries. Even when oil business are trying to employ more women rn because of lack of female workers in those businesses, other male employees are not making their lives any easier by making up rumours about them how they are sleeping with bosses when lots of them aren't doing that actually. Same goes for many other job sectors:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...ns-by-men.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Look mate...
    Honestly I'm having a ****ty time right now and I'm a straight white female!
    Why the **** you would go along with some bull**** antifeminist nonsense to make yourself feel better for your personal insecurities/failings etc is beyond me?

I am a feminist in so far as it means I want women to be treated equally well to men. I care about men too! I care about people in general. I don't want people to suffer.

Why on this ****ing earth are you wasting your energy on hate? Not every straight white female is fine. Also middle aged white men make up a portion of society that is highly privileged then a few blocks up the road the same age group and gender is suffering poverty and mental health issues. There are no hard and fast rules.stop this divisive crap.
    What a strange response. There's no hate here, I'm just discussing something that seems to be so often ignored.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.