Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are straight women in the West the most privileged group of people in history? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ananaz)
    So many boys who just need a hug
    Sounds like you're the one who's upset lol:

So sexist. Women can do MANY jobs men can do.You must be a troll if you think women are less adapted than men at this. Also, I only included FEW examples, like gas&oil businesses which you forgot to mention. Get your life together, dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Sounds like you're the one who's upset lol:
    Says the OP...

ReputationRep:
    No racial or sexual group is more privileged than another.

ReputationRep:
    Says the OP...
    what's your point

ReputationRep:
    So sexist. Women can do MANY jobs men can do.
    You must be a troll if you think women are less adapted than men at this. Also, I only included FEW examples, like gas&oil businesses which you forgot to mention. Get your life together, dude.
    That's why I said "on the whole". Women are more compassionate, better multi-taskers than men so excel in certain professions (e.g. Nurses, Doctors that aren't surgeons, teachers etc.) you can argue all you like but it's Biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoping4Astars)
    don't be ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    what's your point
    My point is I agree with some of your points, but not all. Anyways, we can argue all day but I don't have time for this so let's agree to disagree

(Original post by hoping4Astars)
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Here's my thoughts people who go on about privilege of a certain sex or race are inane, people looking for someone to blame why they don't get handed everything idiots.

Money brings privilege and that's it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackSweetness)
    Trust me im grounded, im trying to not get enveloped in all the nonsense in the world and focusing on going to uni to get an education and take care of my family.
    Proud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevennotyou)
    Oh I totally agree but some (other not you) users do use these examples for men.

Would you, personally, advocate radical feminist thinking, such as killing all white men, and keeping men as nothing but objects?
    Obviously because that isn't feminism that's insanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    - less likely to be assaulted apart from, yenno, sexually (although men face problems with this too)
    - less likely to be murdered more likely to be a DV victim, though
    - more spent on their healthcare only really with specific cancers; there's also a massive problem, which has been in the news the past couple of days actually, with doctors focussing on boobs and genitals and missing massive things like brain aneurysms in women because they concentrate on the gender-specific areas
    Today, obviously white women are a lot better off than they used to be (women generally in the UK). However, most privileged group ever? Nah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn Malik)
    Yes:
    -stay at home all day
    - sleep with bosses to get promotions
    I'd hate to be a housewife. Boring af to me

Oh yes all of us do that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Really agree with hoping4Astars and paul514. Somehow despite being a white female I don't feel this privilege on the daily basis. Studying a STEM degree at uni I received much sexism from the male professors; one incident included when I stayed behind after a workshop to get extra help and a male professor claimed me and my friends were staying for the male PhD students... He even told them and now they ignore me and my female friends whenever we raise our hand to ask for help. Where's my female privilege here?
    Where's my race privilege when a black girl who's a good friend of mine introduced me to her other female black friends and they disliked me just because I'm white? Never done anything bad to them but they often tried to separate me and my other white friends from this black girl and get extremely bitter when some black dudes hit on me? Ain't feeling it over here, I must say.

ReputationRep:
    Most privileged group ever? No. I'd have to give that to white men.

Most privileged group at this current time? On average, I'd say, yeah. I still think the top percent of the most privileged are still white men, but they're a minority. The most well off white men are the most privileged. White women have a much larger percentage below them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    I'd hate to be a housewife. Boring af to me

Oh yes all of us do that :rolleyes:
    Yes because I said that all women sleep with their bosses didn't i

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes because I said that all women sleep with their bosses didn't i

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You implied that all white women sleep with their bosses, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    You implied that all white women sleep with their bosses, yes.
    Using that same logic do you believe that OP thinks every single white women is more privileged than anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Using that same logic do you believe that OP thinks every single white women is more privileged than anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, OP is saying that as a group - so the majority - are. You implied that straight white women as a group - or the majority of said group - sleep with their boss for promotions. However, I'm sorry if I misunderstood.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a white male, I'm drowning in privilege over here can someone make some new racist/sexist laws against me please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    I'm a white male, I'm drowning in privilege over here can someone make some new racist/sexist laws against me please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Privilege is just a word the equality groups use so that they can use it to campaign

Advantages would be a better word

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.