Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but I need to be reassured about my Graphic design interview at Salford University today.

Okay so today I had my interview for graphic design at the University of Salford and it was a quick and simple interview and there was only me and one other person there. After the interview the other person who was interviewed asked me what questions I was asked so I told her they asked me 'Why graphic design?' And 'Why Salford?' And she told me that they didn't ask her any questions they only asked her to talk about her favourite pieces in her portfolio and why she liked them. She also got offered a place right after and I didn't. So I was just wondering why I was asked questions and she wasn't as that doesn't seem fair to me. Or was it because she had a great portfolio? But she only had a sketch book and a small folder where as I had a huge folder with 3 sketch books and about 20 A2 sheets mounted work.

This is really worrying me as I really would like to get into this university as it is my first choice.

Someone please help me thank you

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview last year for the same course at Salford. There is a great variety in people's interview experiences there. Some people get an immediate decision and some don't. Some of the students I know got told the uni would be proud to have them, some got roasted but as long as you respond positively you should get an offer. My portfolio was super slick and I had really good grades but I received a serious 'dressing down'. But whatever they say to you; with 100 places available you have a great chance of getting an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at salford and thought it was awful (mainly my comments not the actual interview) but 7 days later got an unconditional offer!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.