Most upmarket accommodation at Sheffield Hallam uni? Watch

Elelizabeth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm starting shu 2016 and wondered what the best accommodation was from past experience?

Thanks x
iQ Student Accommodation
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Elelizabeth,

We have some lovely accommodation in Sheffield. If you are looking for an upmarket room we have available a Silver Studio at our iQ Sheffield Steel property which is located right in the centre of town and only a 13 minute walk or a 9 minute bus journey to your university. Here's the link http://iq-student-accommodation.com/...silver---steel, let me know what you think

Natasha, Team iQ
Elelizabeth
Rep:
?
Is this halls of residence? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elelizabeth
Rep:
?
Thank you for your help. I wasn't looking for a studio flat, but a spacious room with a double bed and big ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bolted
Report 3 years ago
Hi Elizabeth,

I would recommend you try www.unihomes.co.uk and do a Sheffield search.

There seems to be lots of luxury houses on there, see the below for instance. https://www.unihomes.co.uk/properties/sheffield/000450

Good luck in your search
Elelizabeth
Rep:
?
What does anyone think of iQ brocco? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Martin726
Report 3 years ago
Hi Elizabeth

If you're looking for the most upmarket accommodation for studying at Sheffield Hallam, then I would definitely recommend Vita Student. When you say starting in 2016 I guess you mean September, but if not then I'm currently looking to move out of my studio if you were interested?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3845225
Elelizabeth
Rep:
?
Thank you for your help, as I want to be in the halls and get to know people, I'm thinking Fenton will be a good option. Does anyone know what the facilities/bed/showers/ lounge are like? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chris22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elelizabeth)
Thank you for your help, as I want to be in the halls and get to know people, I'm thinking Fenton will be a good option. Does anyone know what the facilities/bed/showers/ lounge are like? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Which campus are you going be studying at? I stayed at the Forge for 2 years, which was high standard (in terms of student accommodation anyway). It depends on what you mean in terms of "upmarket". Do you want regular students halls, private renting etc? How upmarket you want will depend on your budget too.

I'd recommend applying through the Uni, they have a service that can help you out, and on open days you can look around. If you call up in advance, most halls will let you look around a show flat.

Let me know if you want any more info, I think I'm the one of the few on this thread so far that isn't trying to sell you anything!
Elelizabeth
Rep:
?
If anyone stayed at Fenton (opal), which is the best block letter/number to be in? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prodigy Living
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Elelizabeth)
If anyone stayed at Fenton (opal), which is the best block letter/number to be in? Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Elizabeth,

So happy to hear that you're potentially looking to stay with us
You're going to love the new facilities we have in store!

Please let me know if you have any questions about anything.
Jessallman
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know if the rooms at Fenton house are getting updated? Or is it just the shared spaces downstairs that are getting refurbished. Thanks, Jess.
Prodigy Living
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jessallman)
Does anyone know if the rooms at Fenton house are getting updated? Or is it just the shared spaces downstairs that are getting refurbished. Thanks, Jess.
Hi Jessallman ,

Apologies if you have found the answer already, I've just spotted this.

Just in case: the rooms are being refurbished as well as the communal spaces. Any bedroom that has a 3/4 bed has been refurbished over the summer.

We now photos of the new rooms on the website: https://www.prodigy-living.co.uk/cit...d/fenton-house
Kush93
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Prodigy Living)
Hi,

Just in case: the rooms are being refurbished as well as the communal spaces. Any bedroom that has a 3/4 bed has been refurbished over the summer.

We now photos of the new rooms on the website: https://www.prodigy-living.co.uk/cit...d/fenton-house
Hi what about the rooms with double beds?
Are thy being refurbished too?
Are all the rooms and blocks being refurbished or just some specific block?
Prodigy Living
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kush93)
Hi what about the rooms with double beds?
Are thy being refurbished too?
Are all the rooms and blocks being refurbished or just some specific block?
Hey Kush,

I believe that all but D and E blocks are being refurbished (Fenton House can confirm if the room you're looking for has been refurbished specifically).

Rooms and blocks are being refurbished
Dominique95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Prodigy Living)
Hi Jessallman ,

Hi,I will be staying in Block D. Is there any way that I can find photos of these older rooms online? Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (7)
58.33%
No I haven't decided yet (3)
25%
Yes but I might change my mind (2)
16.67%

Watched Threads