WaniKani Watch

Squaresquirrel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just started using WaniKani because I found the way I'm remembering kanji on my uni course isn't really working long term - I've only been learning for the exams and then forgetting it all.

I was just wondering is there was anyone else using it? Are you finding it useful?
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm not an academic student as such. I used to learn Japanese for fun and I found it exceptionally useful! I think it moved out of beta too so it's probably a lot more stable now from since I used it. How do you find it?
Squaresquirrel
Rep:
?
(Original post by iEthan)
I'm not an academic student as such. I used to learn Japanese for fun and I found it exceptionally useful! I think it moved out of beta too so it's probably a lot more stable now from since I used it. How do you find it?
I'm only on level 2but so far I think it's gunna be very useful. While level 1 I was a bit worried it would be too slow (to keep up with my uni course) but I can now see that it's going to be a good pace.

I find the mnemonics helpful, it seems to be sticking a bit more - I just have to hope the kanjis overlap with the ones I need to know haha, though I'm looking at it as more of a long term (post uni) commitment.

What level have you reached?? The jump from 1 to 2 was pretty large so I'm a bit worried it'll get ridiculously hard, but I wanna stick with it.
Paracosm
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Squaresquirrel)
I'm only on level 2but so far I think it's gunna be very useful. While level 1 I was a bit worried it would be too slow (to keep up with my uni course) but I can now see that it's going to be a good pace.

I find the mnemonics helpful, it seems to be sticking a bit more - I just have to hope the kanjis overlap with the ones I need to know haha, though I'm looking at it as more of a long term (post uni) commitment.

What level have you reached?? The jump from 1 to 2 was pretty large so I'm a bit worried it'll get ridiculously hard, but I wanna stick with it.
I spent a while at it, as you well know… Kanji is ridiculously hard :lol: I got to level 29 in about 8 months… I love the mnemonics and also the radicals feature it has. Makes learning kanji really simple. I did eventually give up because it took up too much of my time but it was definitely the best learning tool I found for kanji.
Squaresquirrel
Rep:
?
(Original post by iEthan)
I spent a while at it, as you well know… Kanji is ridiculously hard :lol: I got to level 29 in about 8 months… I love the mnemonics and also the radicals feature it has. Makes learning kanji really simple. I did eventually give up because it took up too much of my time but it was definitely the best learning tool I found for kanji.
That's encouraging. I find it a lot more enjoyable than just staring at/writing kanji for hours on end :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.85%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.96%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.21%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (246)
30.67%

Watched Threads