Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want a pet tiger. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Yeah I know, and don't get me started on penguins

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I think we could say that about a lot of animals really...

I think the only animals that should be allowed to travel away from their natural habitat are smaller sea animals, because the temperature of the water can be adjusted to their normal living conditions.

It doesn't work for bigger sea animals like Dolphins....

It makes me sad because I wonder about how they get the bigger animals over hear, I'm sure they are given drugs to make the more manageable for the capture and journey, and that is just sad
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Lol I think we could say that about a lot of animals really...

I think the only animals that should be allowed to travel away from their natural habitat are smaller sea animals, because the temperature of the water can be adjusted to their normal living conditions.

It doesn't work for bigger sea animals like Dolphins....

It makes me sad because I wonder about how they get the bigger animals over hear, I'm sure they are given drugs to make the more manageable for the capture and journey, and that is just sad
    I know:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    They are gorgeous aren't they?

Have you seen this?

Omg SOOO CUTE! Aw he wanted a cuddle so much :giggle::giggle:

I have always had a fear of Rottweilers because my old neighbours used to have one, and when I went around (when I was young) they would always lock the garden door. I think it just caused me to associate feelings of fear with them. I'm sure your Rottweiler was lovely though
    That video is aDorABLE! He was so desperate :laugh: — yeah, a lot of people have that predisposed fear thing with Rottweilers, which is understandable I guess they can look pretty fierce! But she was the kindest animal I ever knew, she died last year unfortunately but she had this thing where… if one of our cats were distressed she'd put them in her bed and cuddle with them all night it was so cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    That video is aDorABLE! He was so desperate :laugh: — yeah, a lot of people have that predisposed fear thing with Rottweilers, which is understandable I guess they can look pretty fierce! But she was the kindest animal I ever knew, she died last year unfortunately but she had this thing where… if one of our cats were distressed she'd put them in her bed and cuddle with them all night it was so cute
    I'm sorry to hear that May she forever rest in peace.

Put them in her bed and cuddle them all night? That is just adorable!!! :heart::cry2:

I've never had a cat or a dog but I did have baby parrots a couple of years ago, they were gorgeous. We put them in the garden and they flew away after a little while, but they were just so adorable It was a boy and a girl (we called the boy 'Hari' and the girl 'bo'...so....'Haribo' ).

I can't wait to have my own place one day so that I can get a dog or a cat, maybe even a parrot (African Grey parrot because they are adorable)
    • Welcome Squad

Tigers? Nah

Alpacas are where its at

ReputationRep:
    As someone who has worked in a zoo with big cats and whom completely and utterly adores big cats. I despise people who keep them as pets

ReputationRep:
    Go ahead OP,you will probably be its next meal when it can't find something to eat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    As someone who has worked in a zoo with big cats and whom completely and utterly adores big cats. I despise people who keep them as pets
    The lady in the video seemed to take great care of them both by the looks of it, then again what do I know...I'm not a professional :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Tigers? Nah

Alpacas are where its at
    No... They look like deformed sheep..no offence

ReputationRep:

This is just so cute :love: I felt the love!
    They are so cute! I love animals, I also want a monkey and a fox! haha you should check them out, they are so adorable!!

ReputationRep:

Wow, so beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    just get a house cat man

ReputationRep:
    Get a Chow Chow..

Elvis Presley had one

Spoiler:
    Show
    and Freud
    • Welcome Squad

just pointing out that there are more tigers kept in basements as pets in america than the total population in the wild..

don't mean to be negative and i adore you OP but seriously these are wild animals that need protecting in their natural environment. Same with slow lorises, they are dying out because people want them as cute pets and rip their teeth out

:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    just pointing out that there are more tigers kept in basements as pets in america than the total population in the wild..

don't mean to be negative and i adore you OP but seriously these are wild animals that need protecting in their natural environment. Same with slow lorises, they are dying out because people want them as cute pets and rip their teeth out

:/
    I'm only joking I swear!

I just wanted to show off how gorgeous they are
    • Welcome Squad

I'm only joking I swear!

I just wanted to show off how gorgeous they are
    oh ok lol
    :lovehug:
    yes they are gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    It'd be cool to ride one

ReputationRep:
    I always loved tigers and I still want one... I know that's one thing I'll never get and it sucks

ReputationRep:
    My pet (ahem) hate is people who immediately say "omg I want one!!!1" upon seeing exotic and cute animals. Leave them alone

ReputationRep:
    Wild animals really ought to be in the wild. Especially large ones. Particularly large predators

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.