The Student Room Group

Manchester or Edinburgh

So I have offers from both Manchester and Edinburgh and I used to be sure of which i would pick but now i am back to square one. I will be doing chemical engineering so im wondering if anyone has some advice or opinions on which i should go for
Original post by wazirwazir
So I have offers from both Manchester and Edinburgh and I used to be sure of which i would pick but now i am back to square one. I will be doing chemical engineering so im wondering if anyone has some advice or opinions on which i should go for

The Edinburgh degree is a year longer than the Manchester one, unless you get advanced entry. I think that can be quite an important consideration when choosing between a Scottish and English university.
Reply 2
Hi, when was your interview for manchester and how long after that did you get your offer? I had mine on december 9 but still havent heard anything. I think its probably because ive been rejected
Reply 3
Original post by Smack
The Edinburgh degree is a year longer than the Manchester one, unless you get advanced entry. I think that can be quite an important consideration when choosing between a Scottish and English university.

Yh ive known about the extra year and after speaking to people who went to scotland for uni i really wouldnt mind, i just need something about the unis themselves to stand out and distinguish a difference big enough to sway me
Reply 4
Original post by birms123
Hi, when was your interview for manchester and how long after that did you get your offer? I had mine on december 9 but still havent heard anything. I think its probably because ive been rejected

Oh my, mine was on the 9th i turned up like two hours late as i misread the email, maybe you saw me and remember but i got my offer just under two weeks later, i hope you hear better news than what you think

Quick Reply

Latest