Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am an oversea Student. Recently , I have received offers of Msc Computer sciences from 3 good British universities : UCL , St. Andrew & Bristol.UCL is quite expensive and let's say it's not my cup of tea. So I have to pick one from St. Andrews and Bristol.Any ideas and suggestions? how should make this choice?
    Thank you guys in advance!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Investigate.. Compare the courses, look into the cities, check which university has more industry partners/better graduate prospects/higher student satisfaction score etc. Work out whatever matters most to you and see which university appeals most to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin_Baltes)
    Hi guys, I am an oversea Student. Recently , I have received offers of Msc Computer sciences from 3 good British universities : UCL , St. Andrew & Bristol.UCL is quite expensive and let's say it's not my cup of tea. So I have to pick one from St. Andrews and Bristol.Any ideas and suggestions? how should make this choice?
    Thank you guys in advance!
    It depends on what you are getting the Master for.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incongruous)
    Congratulations!
    When did you apply?
    around 20th December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    It depends on what you are getting the Master for.
    well, I have done my graduate not in computer science area, so I would like to get some coding skills ,as well as research skills. Most likely, I am going to do a PHD after this masters course.

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered a place to study MSc Human-Computer Interaction at St Andrews and I am looking forward to starting in September. From everything I have seen they are an excellent university with a great Computer Science department.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.