Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Read people's minds. You'd be the most powerful person ever. It's not as OP as controlling time but still badass

ReputationRep:
    the superpower to have all superpowers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    invisibility at will, obviously
    Why's that?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Dragon Shouts/ magic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    My parents would love you. Always telling me to shave!
    I think I would probably just use it for the cooking.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    the superpower to have all superpowers
    Any superpowers would mean you coming up with one, not just mentioning all superpowers.

So choose again :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    :woo:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I would love to have the power to communicate in secret and being able to read other's minds, without others knowing at all. :flip:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Be able to read anyone's mind... you can know what people 'really' think about you

I've said it before, but I'm still going to go with being able to cure all illnesses.

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    The power to end all conflict and rid the world of hatred (for obvious reasons)
    Good one.

(Original post by Cadherin)
    To be able to hypnotise Cambridge admissions tutors.
    :laugh:

Did you hear about that guy who put a sublminal message in his essay for the professor to give him a good mark? I was half-tempted to hunt him down and have him write my PS, to be honest. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    I've said it before, but I'm still going to go with being able to cure all illnesses.
    If only there was a cure to one illness irl then I'd really party away :emo:

ReputationRep:
    To be able to communicate with Badgers, and build a grand army to rid the world of moles.

ReputationRep:
    Shapeshifting. There is literally no downside to this.

ReputationRep:
    read others' thoughts
    stop time
    teleportation

ReputationRep:
    Always change my mind on this topic...

Assuming we can't cheat by granting ourselves the equivalent of omnipotence, I'd say Telepathy, both reading of minds and being able to control/influence them.

Otherwise I'd have the ability to alter the properties of elements/compounds, the classic "lead to gold" type situation, but being able to shift elements to others (mainly less to more valuable metals).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.)
    To be able to communicate with Badgers, and build a grand army to rid the world of moles.
    :woo:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Bizarrely, I have thought about this quite a lot in the past. I would choose to have the power to freeze time for everyone else but me for short stretches of time, and then resume it at will.

I first thought of it when I was little and I was trying to get out of trouble with my mum, but the possibilities are endless...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Shapeshifting. There is literally no downside to this.
    Don't open if you're scared of her eyes. :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by joey11223)
    Always change my mind on this topic...

Assuming we can't cheat by granting ourselves the equivalent of omnipotence, I'd say Telepathy, both reading of minds and being able to control/influence them.

Otherwise I'd have the ability to alter the properties of elements/compounds, the classic "lead to gold" type situation, but being able to shift elements to others (mainly less to more valuable metals).
    Ah the second one I've never heard. That's v interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Don't open if you're scared of her eyes. :lol:
    Spoiler:
    Show

My inspiration :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yellow 03)
    Bizarrely, I have thought about this quite a lot in the past. I would choose to have the power to freeze time for everyone else but me for short stretches of time, and then resume it at will.

I first thought of it when I was little and I was trying to get out of trouble with my mum, but the possibilities are endless...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Being able to read peoples' mind. This way I would know what my crush thinks of me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.