Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Budget report leak!!!!!!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You didn't include free booze? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I hope the government's economic advisor understands quantitative easing, aims to control the money supply, and the budget is not one where money is being thrown at projects with not justification given for the expenditure.
    I hope that he or she also understands the need to tackle the impacts of climate change, reduce poverty, and the benefits of investing in renewable energy instead of importing from regimes with no regard for democracy or equalities. I hope the government's economic advisor also will clamp down on large corporations' opportunities for tax avoidance.

As for free dogs, what about those who love cats?

ReputationRep:
    Making fun of yourselves so that we don't need to, nice!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I don't see why you need to bring the rest of the Government into this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    I don't see why you need to bring the rest of the Government into this.
    You're representing the government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You're representing the government.
    I'm not the PM. And on this joke budget there's no mention of the Government anywhere on it. It was simply a joke I went and did because I was bored at 3am.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    There's been like 4 in about 9-10 years, and that's only if the tragedy 2015 budget is included.
    Without aiming to they've actually occurred at 2 year intervals in the summer. 2010 was authored by Jangrafess i believe, 2012 by Jarred (with a large imput from me and Toronto) and 2014 by Birchington (me, Qwertish and Birch pretty much did it all).

I'd like to see a proper budget if your prepared to put the effort in but if not then i won't join a VoNC against you for not doing it or anything so long as the party in government this summer gets it done.

Meanwhile (and not to steal your thunder) i advise the House to look to Ad Hoc this weekend for a Tory plan appraisal.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the PM. And on this joke budget there's no mention of the Government anywhere on it. It was simply a joke I went and did because I was bored at 3am.
    You're the Chancellor… Whenever I said something controversial outside the MHoC, Labour minions quickly jumped into action in TSR Tory Question Time thread – I didn't see you telling them it had nothing to do with the party back then.

Normal people tend to sleep at 3am, perhaps try that next time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Without aiming to they've actually occurred at 2 year intervals in the summer. 2010 was authored by Jangrafess i believe, 2012 by Jarred (with a large imput from me and Toronto) and 2014 by Birchington (me, Qwertish and Birch pretty much did it all).

I'd like to see a proper budget if your prepared to put the effort in but if not then i won't join a VoNC against you for not doing it or anything so long as the party in government this summer gets it done.

Meanwhile (and not to steal your thunder) i advise the House to look to Ad Hoc this weekend for a Tory plan appraisal.
    It should be up to scratch, though this will be the first budget written by a lefty in TSR MHoC History.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It should be up to scratch, though this will be the first budget written by a lefty in TSR MHoC History.
    I think the first one was part of a lefty government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I think the first one was part of a lefty government.
    Well my budget makes the 2010 report look like a UKIP Manifesto

(
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually in agreement with you here - I'm not sure what the point of this stunt was really.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Amusing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well my budget makes the 2010 report look like a UKIP Manifesto

(
    Bringing back the 97% income tax rate and setting the threshold at median income?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Bringing back the 97% income tax rate and setting the threshold at median income?
    Nope. Free Dogs!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Free Dogs!
    Completely abolishing money?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy duel)
    completely abolishing money?
    f r e e d o g s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I'm actually in agreement with you here - I'm not sure what the point of this stunt was really.
    I would remind you, and everyone, that this is a game, and while it is a serious one, there is always room for a little fun. When I saw this while sat in politics earlier I started smiling despite having a rather dull lesson, it brighten my day slightly and made me smile, I don't see the harm in any of that. If James was the chancellor, as in the RL one, then yes this would be ridiculous, but we have a bit of leeway here in that we can be a bit fun at times
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I would remind you, and everyone, that this is a game, and while it is a serious one, there is always room for a little fun. When I saw this while sat in politics earlier I started smiling despite having a rather dull lesson, it brighten my day slightly and made me smile, I don't see the harm in any of that. If James was the chancellor, as in the RL one, then yes this would be ridiculous, but we have a bit of leeway here in that we can be a bit fun at times
    IF you want a laugh then read some comical material rather than encouraging James to not take his fake serious position seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    IF you want a laugh then read some comical material rather than encouraging James to not take his fake serious position seriously.
    I can assure you James is taking his role very seriously, and with the utmost care and devotion

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.