The Student Room Group

Ways to group maths modules Maths/Further Maths (EDEXCEL)

Hi, I want to try for the A* in both Maths and FM however I'm not sure how modules can be grouped together.

My understanding is I need 90% across C3/C4 with 80 overall and then 90% across 3 A2 FM modules with 80% overall again. Does the exam board pick and choose whats classed as an A2 unit to maximise my grades and how can units of the same type be separated (M1 and M2).

For instance:

Could I use M2 in the AS for FM and M1 in the A2, or do they have to be in order or maybe do they even have to be in the same qualification (both in the AS)? Im guessing that you cant have M1 in Maths and M2 in Further

Is FP1 strictly an AS further maths module?
Original post by Mindslips
Hi, I want to try for the A* in both Maths and FM however I'm not sure how modules can be grouped together.

My understanding is I need 90% across C3/C4 with 80 overall and then 90% across 3 A2 FM modules with 80% overall again. Does the exam board pick and choose whats classed as an A2 unit to maximise my grades and how can units of the same type be separated (M1 and M2).

For instance:

Could I use M2 in the AS for FM and M1 in the A2, or do they have to be in order or maybe do they even have to be in the same qualification (both in the AS)? Im guessing that you cant have M1 in Maths and M2 in Further

Is FP1 strictly an AS further maths module?

A2 modules are anything except C1 C2 FP1 D1 M1 S1

Maths must include C1-4 plus any two from D1 M1 or S1 or any pair of matched units, D1&2, M1&2 or S1&2.

Edexcel will automatically swap units between maths and further maths to combine units within the rules to maximise your grades if your entries and cash ins are done correctly.

FP1 can only count in further maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending