Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Jakarta Terror Attack Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's popping off in Indonesia, the 'world's most populous Muslim country'.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why you had to write: 'world's most populous Muslim country'.

The article states that: No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. Sutiyoso, the head of the country's national intelligence agency, says there are no indications yet that it's Isis related.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    Because when I heard the story on the radio, in the four or so minutes the story was on, that phrase was repeated at least three times. It's a 'get used to hearing this phrase' kind of day.

ReputationRep:
    The so-called "poison" of a twisted mentality that knows no bounds. They know they can cause havoc in any area they want, in order to descend it into chaos. I think Brazil will be next.

ReputationRep:
    Terror attacks have become so common, thread like this no longer surprise me.

ReputationRep:
    But seeing as how it is 'the world's most populous Muslim country', if it is in the name of Jihad, why are they killing Muslims? Seems counter-intuitive, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    But seeing as how it is 'the world's most populous Muslim country', if it is in the name of Jihad, why are they killing Muslims? Seems counter-intuitive, to say the least.
    Nothing to do with religion and everything to do with submission. To make everyone in the planet worry that "they are next".
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    Terror attacks have become so common, thread like this no longer surprise me.
    My thoughts exactly :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)

The article states that: No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. Sutiyoso, the head of the country's national intelligence agency, says there are no indications yet that it's Isis related.
    Have you even read the article. ISIS said the attack was coming. SMH.

ReputationRep:
    From the looks of things the attack was primarily of westernised parts..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stevennotyou)
    From the looks of things the attack was primarily of westernised parts..
    Is it in against Indonesia's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan?

ReputationRep:
    You randomly assume because it is the most populous Muslim country, that they are responsible, Prejudice to be honest mate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)

Indonesia have their own Islamic terrorist groups such as Jemaah Islamiyah who have carried out similar attacks in Indonesia in the past.

This attack is in the city centre of a global city which has lots of foreign embassies, international businesses, luxury hotels etc... This attack has taken place in an area where there will be many foreign individuals from China, America, Korea etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    You randomly assume because it is the most populous Muslim country, that they are responsible, Prejudice to be honest mate...
    Who else would it be then?

Do you think they targeted Starbucks (a western company) because they served them the wrong skinny latte?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Is it in against Indonesia's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan?
    I don't know if there is a motive yet, none seems to be reported

ReputationRep:
    This is apparently one of the attackers

ReputationRep:
    Damn there's apparently video of some of the attackers running in and blowing themselves up, damn extremist Hindu's, bet it's them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)

90+% of terror attacks in 2015 were Islam related, so we can safely assume this one was too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Damn there's apparently video of some of the attackers running in and blowing themselves up, damn extremist Hindu's, bet it's them.
    Or it could be those bloody Taoists, always up to something smh

ReputationRep:
    So it was ISIS then

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...uicide-attacks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.