Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

January Edexcel Chemistry IAL Unit 1 2016 (Thread) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electrify)
    Atom economy was something like 82% if I got it right.
    i got the same

ReputationRep:
    Atom economy was something like 82% if I got it right.
    Yep I got that as well. *virtual high five*

I remember it being 82/100 x 100, it was an easy question :P

ReputationRep:
    Yo guys please tell me how many peaks you got for oxygen, is my logic fine or not? I am biting my finger nails over here.

ReputationRep:
    Guys with the Hess Cycle I put the arrows from bottom to top and got like -3030.5kj/mol. Please tell me that was right.

ReputationRep:
    Guys with the Hess Cycle I put the arrows from bottom to top and got like -3030.5kj/mol. Please tell me that was right.
    it is right

ReputationRep:
    Omg lol if I get the hess law question right I am going to be so damn happy. That should be a confirmed A for me then. Holy crap. So do you draw both arrows from bottom to up? Because that's what I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedSiddiqui)
    Yep I got that as well. *virtual high five*

I remember it being 82/100 x 100, it was an easy question :P
    i got 84/102 x 100 which gave me 82.35
    is this wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YesterdaysDreams)
    i got 84/102 x 100 which gave me 82.35
    is this wrong?
    Aww man I think you did get it wrong. I calculated the ram twice and I remember it being 100.

ReputationRep:
    Ok can anybody confirm how does the ums scales work..? I mean to achieve the full 120/120 ums do you need to get full marks from the paper or what?

ReputationRep:
    Aww man I think you did get it wrong. I calculated the ram twice and I remember it being 100.
    do you remember the formula of the hydrocarbon
    in the equation

ReputationRep:
    do you remember the formula of the hydrocarbon
    in the equation
    Yup I remember that as exactly 82.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I remember that as exactly 82.
    what was it? (the equation)

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure it was 82%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zainat0987)
    Ok can anybody confirm how does the ums scales work..? I mean to achieve the full 120/120 ums do you need to get full marks from the paper or what?
    No, you don't need to obtain full marks in raw to get a 120/120. "Raw" means how much you get in the paper out of the original number of marks. Often, if the paper is a little hard, you can obtain full UMS with a relatively low raw mark. Scaling is very normal though. Science papers almost always have scaling. You can get a higher percentage than your raw mark with scaling. Hope I helped!

ReputationRep:
    what was it? (the equation)
    It was a benzene ring with an OH group, I believe

ReputationRep:
    I got the Enthalpy change value around -3000ish.

ReputationRep:
    For the atom economy, it was dehydration of Cyclohexanol.

Cyclohexanol --> Cyclohexene + Water

ReputationRep:
    The % yield, i got was 73.5% anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elhm18)
    No, you don't need to obtain full marks in raw to get a 120/120. "Raw" means how much you get in the paper out of the original number of marks. Often, if the paper is a little hard, you can obtain full UMS with a relatively low raw mark. Scaling is very normal though. Science papers almost always have scaling. You can get a higher percentage than your raw mark with scaling. Hope I helped!
    Oh so thats how its works.. last may one of my friend got 120ums ...and i thought he got the full raw mark...btw does it goes the same way for maths c12?? And what do you guys predict for the A to be this term..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zainat0987)
    Oh so thats how its works.. last may one of my friend got 120ums ...and i thought he got the full raw mark...btw does it goes the same way for maths c12?? And what do you guys predict for the A to be this term..?
    Last may was 80/80 for full UMS.

I'm 100% sure, full UMS would be at 80/80 for this paper as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.