The Student Room Group

Immediate Help!!!!!

Lucky Name NumbersMany ancient philosophers believed that everything in the universe is made up of and affected by numbers. Different societies developed different methods of analysis to calculate if individual pieces of information such as name and birthdate could be used to predict how lucky someone would be in life.One of the greatest mathematicians, Pythagoras developed a method that could be applied to anyone’s name to calculate their lucky name number.
The Pythagorean system allocated a number to each letter of the alphabet and these numbers were used to calculate a single digit number from the letters in a person’s name:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9A B C D E F G H IJ K L M N O P Q RS T U V W X Y ZFigure 1: Grid used to assign numbers to lettersFor example, Eleanor Wiseman would be:
E L E A N O R W I S E M A N
5 3 5 1 5 6 9 5 9 1 5 4 1 5
To carry out the calculation all the numbers for the first name are added together as are all the numbers for the surname.
= {5 + 3 + 5 + 1 + 5 + 6 + 9} + {5 + 9 + 1 + 5 + 4 + 1 + 5}= 34 + 30
These numbers are added again until the answer is a single digit.
= 7 + 3 = 10 = 1
So Eleanor’s lucky name number would be 1.
Your task is to write an application that will:
Input a person’s name
Calculate their lucky name number using the grid in Figure 1 above• Display the names
Display the lucky name number
Display the meaning of their lucky name numberProduce a report fully documenting your solution to automate this process.
What do the Lucky Name Numbers mean?
Number Meaning:
1 Natural leaders
2 Natural peacemakers
3 Creative and optimistic
4 Hard workers
5 Value freedom
6 Carers and providers
7 Thinkers
8 Have diplomatic skills
9 Selfless and generous

I need to code this on python!!!!
WITHIN 30 MINUTES!!!!!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Reply 1
Lol **** off, no one's doing that for you. It seems like you haven't even bothered...
i have the same thing help
I need help :frown: I have the same thing. could you please send a picture of what you got :frown:

Quick Reply