Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How is university treating everyone? is it what you thought? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I major in child nursing and iv been at university for over a year now, I am enjoying it so far but its a lot of hard work im tired all the time and I have quite a lot of debt from the property I live in . But apart from that it will be worth it, right?

How does everyone else feel about uni so far?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliehancock50)
    I major in child nursing and iv been at university for over a year now, I am enjoying it so far but its a lot of hard work im tired all the time and I have quite a lot of debt. But apart from that it will be worth it, right?

How does everyone else feel about uni so far?
    Agreed. It can be tiring (it must be pretty tough for nursing!) and all of the debt, you may or may not pay that back anyway.

The important thing is to make the most of it, do the other things that come with uni like making friends and getting involved in things.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed my first two years, but I cannot wait until third year is over.
    (I do maths)

But I think I have had a good time here. Made some really good friends, tried new things, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely, I have another 3 years to go but im sure it will be worth!

Good luck with your studies.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Agreed. It can be tiring (it must be pretty tough for nursing!) and all of the debt, you may or may not pay that back anyway.

The important thing is to make the most of it, do the other things that come with uni like making friends and getting involved in things.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliehancock50)
    Yes definitely, I have another 3 years to go but im sure it will be worth!

Good luck with your studies.
    :eek4: that is a long time but as long as you enjoy it..

Cheers, good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Theres to much theory work in my course, not really enjoying it as I thought it would be more practical (software engineering) & how much rent are you paying for your property?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuelUK)
    Theres to much theory work in my course, not really enjoying it as I thought it would be more practical (software engineering) & how much rent are you paying for your property?
    Have you looked at the modules you do later on in your course? It might be the case that you need to do all of the theory first then you can move onto the practical stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Have you looked at the modules you do later on in your course? It might be the case that you need to do all of the theory first then you can move onto the practical stuff.
    Yes and it seems pretty consistent through most of them. Towards the end of the course it seems to clear up but apart from that its not great.

EDIT: Its only my first year, and I almost have another 3 years to go yet. Hopefully it will improve in the near future but it makes sence as none of us have that much experience.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully more practical work will come in to play in the future & I pay 100 PW which is a little above average but its a Sheffield hallam accommodation, so it is situated in the city centre - Very easy to get to and from Uni.

(Original post by SamuelUK)

ReputationRep:
    Final year and reached the point where I've had enough.

Unless I have a major disaster, I know what classification I'll finish with. I think I've learnt everything I can in terms of skills. Just got to go through another cycle of lectures, memorise a bunch of facts and regurgitate them for the exams. The difficulty is remaining motivated.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Final year and reached the point where I've had enough.

Unless I have a major disaster, I know what classification I'll finish with. I think I've learnt everything I can in terms of skills. Just got to go through another cycle of lectures, memorise a bunch of facts and regurgitate them for the exams. The difficulty is remaining motivated.
    Exactly how I feel right now.
    We can get through this!!

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.