Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

If I get into LJMU, one thing I am interested in is becoming a Student Ambassador and helping out at Open Days etc. Can anyone let me know how much work you can get from being an ambassador and who much they get paid?

Thanks,Laura

ReputationRep:
    Like all jobs with the SU, your hours are dependent on as and when they need you, so it won't be regular.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is one thing I'll be looking into aswell as soon as I get there
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Laura,

The Uni recruits Student Advocates every year (Sept/October time). Once you get a job as an advocate it's up to you how much work you want to sign up for, which is really good in terms of managing work around your timetable. Also, once you're on their books, you're there for the duration of your course.

You can make good money from the work they offer so it's up to you how much you earn, depending on how much work you put yourself forward for. They always look for people for the open days but in between there's a lot of work available doing visits to secondary schools and colleges. It's about £9-10ph.

If you do the advocate work it's a proper employment contract with the Uni, so you do have to go through a recruitment process. If you don't manage to get an advocate position, the Uni uses an agency called Workbank to take on extra temp staff for open days/clearing.

Hope this helps,

K.

(Original post by laura_2000)
    Hello.

If I get into LJMU, one thing I am interested in is becoming a Student Ambassador and helping out at Open Days etc. Can anyone let me know how much work you can get from being an ambassador and who much they get paid?

Thanks,Laura

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.