Mike2042
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi I'm aged 19, I left school at 14 with no qualifications due to all sorts of stuff I won't go into. I'm currently doing two GCSE's this year English Biology and thinking about doing two more with Oxford open university. Next year I will be doing chemistry, maths, physics. I will be going on to do A levels or an access course and then hopefully applying for a medical degree.

My question is I have looked at most of the medical schools I am interested in and the minimum GCSE requirements are 5 usually A-B for mature students, I'm wandering whether it would even be necessary for me to do 7 GCSE's. Or whether it would give me any kind of advantage because as a mature student they will most likely be looking at other things.

I'm a bit stuck, I have seen many university's state the same entry requirements for mature students and school leavers, I'm wandering whether I should do 7 to widen my choices. Or whether 5 would be enough providing I get all A's or mostly, and I ace my A levels/ access course. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Neostigmine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The entry requirements are either minimum requirements, i.e. thats the lowest, but the higher the better, OR the're true minimum in that no preference is given for going over and above.

You'll need to look into the unis you're interested in and see how they individually consider GCSEs. :sadnod:

Where there is a will there is a way though and I wish you all the best!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads