Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is this even possible?! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to move from an E in as physics in mocks to an A by the summer, provided I work really hard?

ReputationRep:
    Yes definately !
    Never doubt what youre capable of.
    When i was doing A-levels i got U in my chemistry mock, by summer i managed to get an A
    It all depends on how you work fron NOW. Not tomorrow or the day after.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know really :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes sure you can, PROVIDED you really work hard and lose a bit of precious sleep here and there, you can achieve it. Isn't very difficult. I know loads of students who moved up in a very short period of time. Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDontKnowReally)
    Is it possible to move from an E in as physics in mocks to an A by the summer, provided I work really hard?
    Its definitely possible, its really easy to move up to a high C or B, getting into A is abit more tricky but if you start working now and focus on past papers you can definitely do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omarkhatri)
    Yes definately !
    Never doubt what youre capable of.
    When i was doing A-levels i got U in my chemistry mock, by summer i managed to get an A
    It all depends on how you work fron NOW. Not tomorrow or the day after.
    Thats very true, what sort of revision methods did you use for it? and how far ahead did you start revising for the summer exams?
    Thanks for commenting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody96)
    I don't know really :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes sure you can, PROVIDED you really work hard and lose a bit of precious sleep here and there, you can achieve it. Isn't very difficult. I know loads of students who moved up in a very short period of time. Good Luck!!
    I'm willing to lose sleep for this haha, thank you

(Original post by Neurosci)
    Its definitely possible, its really easy to move up to a high C or B, getting into A is abit more tricky but if you start working now and focus on past papers you can definitely do it.
    Should I start revising for the summer now? And the problem is that my school is doing the new physics alevel so there are no past papers for that

ReputationRep:

Should I start revising for the summer now? And the problem is that my school is doing the new physics alevel so there are no past papers for that
    Ah, the past papers thing is quite a setback, most people who I know found them really useful. You can still try looking at questions from the old spec if it is very similar as it usually is, the exam board usually put out 'specimen' papers which are like a past paper but no one has actually sat it. You could get your teacher to give you questions they might expect.

And YES start revising now, I got my A's by spending 1hr a day (at lunch) revising or doing past papers in the library. This gave me loads of free time to go out with friends or chill on evenings and weekends but I started this proccess early, at least 3 months in advance of the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Thats very true, what sort of revision methods did you use for it? and how far ahead did you start revising for the summer exams?
    Thanks for commenting!
    Ive always used past papers to revise
    Initially learn the contents, make notes. I use to read texts from the book and say to myself "ahh ill remember it, i dont need to write it down". But that was one my biggest mistakes

Make notes.
    Go over notes.
    Answer practice papers (This gets you use to the structure of exams)
    If you can answer, go back tonyour revision guide and find it. Go over it.
    Continue to next qs.

Its a routine you have to put in. Especially when you start uni

Once i received my U, i realised straight away i need to fix up. I did exactly that. Mon - Friday after college i use to eat and then revise for 3 hours. Id do all my homework and revision in that time
    And id have weekends to relax or do extra work

My advice is .. revise early ! Your exams are only 4 months away.

ReputationRep:

Tell you what, let me just attach a document that can be of great help to you...
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AS-and-A-level-Physics-2015-Mapping-Document-new.pdf (223.0 KB, 39 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody96)
    Tell you what, let me just attach a document that can be of great help to you...
    I do AQA but thank you nonetheless

(Original post by omarkhatri)
    Ive always used past papers to revise
    Initially learn the contents, make notes. I use to read texts from the book and say to myself "ahh ill remember it, i dont need to write it down". But that was one my biggest mistakes

Make notes.
    Go over notes.
    Answer practice papers (This gets you use to the structure of exams)
    If you can answer, go back tonyour revision guide and find it. Go over it.
    Continue to next qs.

Its a routine you have to put in. Especially when you start uni

Once i received my U, i realised straight away i need to fix up. I did exactly that. Mon - Friday after college i use to eat and then revise for 3 hours. Id do all my homework and revision in that time
    And id have weekends to relax or do extra work

My advice is .. revise early ! Your exams are only 4 months away.
    This is incredibly useful, thank you! I'll try and make a lot more comprehensive notes, and go over them instead of just reading it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neurosci)
    Ah, the past papers thing is quite a setback, most people who I know found them really useful. You can still try looking at questions from the old spec if it is very similar as it usually is, the exam board usually put out 'specimen' papers which are like a past paper but no one has actually sat it. You could get your teacher to give you questions they might expect.

And YES start revising now, I got my A's by spending 1hr a day (at lunch) revising or doing past papers in the library. This gave me loads of free time to go out with friends or chill on evenings and weekends but I started this proccess early, at least 3 months in advance of the exams.
    I've done the specimen paper several times but it doesnt really cover the whole unit very thoroughly unfortunately. Asking for questions is a good idea though, thanks
    Well done on your A's btw! What other subjects did you take, if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    I've done the specimen paper several times but it doesnt really cover the whole unit very thoroughly unfortunately. Asking for questions is a good idea though, thanks
    Well done on your A's btw! What other subjects did you take, if you dont mind me asking?
    Chemistry, Geography, History, Biology, Gen studies

ReputationRep:
    YASSS it is
    Knowing from personal experience, manage your time, complete all your work, practise a lot of questions, Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.