The Student Room Group

Need Maths help?

I understand many of you guys are having mocks or exams in maths. I am a university student who achieved A* at maths A-levels. If you require any additional help in any maths module, i am here to help !
I will try my best to reply to everyone as soon as possible.
(P.M me for faster replies)
:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by omarkhatri
I understand many of you guys are having mocks or exams in maths. I am a university student who achieved A* at maths A-levels. If you require any additional help in any maths module, i am here to help !
I will try my best to reply to everyone as soon as possible.
(P.M me for faster replies)
:smile:

i am planning to do maths at university
which module should i pick s3 or m3 (EDEXCEL)
Reply 2
Original post by unstabledean0
i am planning to do maths at university
which module should i pick s3 or m3 (EDEXCEL)

This depeneds on what your prefer. Mechanics or stats
S3 is easier than s1 and s2
M3 is quite tricky, but if youre a fan of mechanics, the go for m3.

Universities dont look to deep into what modules you have done for maths. They just look at what the overall grades you have achieved in Core maths or further maths.

Since you have already done or are doing m1 and m2, deciding whether to do s3 or m3 doesnt really matter if youre looking at it in a uni perspective

Just chose whatever youre more comfortable with and the one which is most likely to boost your overall grade
Hi

I am currently doing my A-Levels. I have recieved IGCSE Math A*, and Math A in my AS Level last year.

I study in a small school that does not have trained teachers for further math, and therefore I never really knew/realised the importance of further math as a subject. Infact, I didnt even know such a subject existed until after my AS Levels.
I took Physics, Chem, Accounting and Economics as my other subjects in AS Level(5A's) but have now dropped accounting in A Levels.

Although it is Feb, im still interested in doing a 6th AS Further Math. I would like to know your thoughts on this. Is it manageable? If yes, can you guide me on the module selection. I definitely want to do till fP2 atleast. Can I do FP1 FP2 FP3, or is it complusory to have 1/2 applied math modules as well. I have also done C1,C2,S1 and am currently doing C3,C4,M1. I have never done computing before, if applied math is compulsory, should I be doing D1 or M2?

thankyou in advance
Reply 4
Original post by mohitbatra
Hi

I am currently doing my A-Levels. I have recieved IGCSE Math A*, and Math A in my AS Level last year.

I study in a small school that does not have trained teachers for further math, and therefore I never really knew/realised the importance of further math as a subject. Infact, I didnt even know such a subject existed until after my AS Levels.
I took Physics, Chem, Accounting and Economics as my other subjects in AS Level(5A's) but have now dropped accounting in A Levels.

Although it is Feb, im still interested in doing a 6th AS Further Math. I would like to know your thoughts on this. Is it manageable? If yes, can you guide me on the module selection. I definitely want to do till fP2 atleast. Can I do FP1 FP2 FP3, or is it complusory to have 1/2 applied math modules as well. I have also done C1,C2,S1 and am currently doing C3,C4,M1. I have never done computing before, if applied math is compulsory, should I be doing D1 or M2?

thankyou in advance

Hi,
Nearly every university does not look at an individual if he has extra AS or A-level grades. They always focus on the 3 A-levels and 1 AS. Further Maths is mainly required if you take up a PURE MATHS course at uni, Also, to get a AS further maths qualification, you will have to do modules FP1 and 2 other non-further maths modules. eg D1, M2, S2

FP2 and FP3 is can only be done in the A2 side of urther maths

It is Feb, you have to learn 3 modules on your own and then pay for the exams externally since youre school do not do it, Tbh i reckon its better to leave it
As it will not give you any other advantages in entering uni.

I did 4 AS-Levels, was going to do the 5, but career advisers told me its a waste of time as unis dont give you an upperhand for more grades

Quick Reply

Latest