Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drinking too much water. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am feeling really ill and sick after I drank 2 liters of water in 5 minutes. Also feeling light headed. Should this feeling pass with time or shouldn't I be more worried? Is there anything serious which can come from drinking too much water? I watched a Youtube video about how you can die from drinking too much water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    I am feeling really ill and sick after I drank 2 liters of water in 5 minutes. Also feeling light headed. Should this feeling pass with time or shouldn't I be more worried? Is there anything serious which can come from drinking too much water? I watched a Youtube video about how you can die from drinking too much water?
    Let us know if you die, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Go lie down for a bit. You will be fine.
    Or you will throw up. But you will be fine after.

Why did you drink so much water anyway?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why did you drink so much?

You'll be fine, just expect to pee a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is a lot of water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    Let us know if you die, yeah?
    I am not dead yet. I will tell you if I get any worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bern Herkins)
    Go lie down for a bit. You will be fine.
    Or you will throw up. But you will be fine after.

Why did you drink so much water anyway?
    I had been in the park with my dog and the sun was out. So I was really thirsty when I came home. I drank about half the bottle and the thirty was gone. But then I decided to get my full water intake all at once. So drank the rest of the bottle. About 2/3 of the way down and started feeling weird, but continued because I didn't think water could make you ill. I mean it is water. I should have stopped at half way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfed)
    I had been in the park with my dog and the sun was out. So I was really thirsty when I came home. I drank about half the bottle and the thirty was gone. But then I decided to get my full water intake all at once. So drank the rest of the bottle. About 2/3 of the way down and started feeling weird, but continued because I didn't think water could make you ill. I mean it is water. I should have stopped at half way.
    Lmao. Your full water intake doesn't really work that way ahaha. Your body will just get rid of the excess water but you will still need to drink later in the day.
    Funny post though xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.