Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So me and my friends are planning on moving into a house together. There are 6 of us, none of us have an experience living in a house, and we don't know how to pay bills or to set them up or anything? Does anyone have any advice? How do we go about setting them up and how much do you think it would cost roughly per month per person?

Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyRose97)
    So me and my friends are planning on moving into a house together. There are 6 of us, none of us have an experience living in a house, and we don't know how to pay bills or to set them up or anything? Does anyone have any advice? How do we go about setting them up and how much do you think it would cost roughly per month per person?

Thanks for any help!
    Is this for next year?

If you have chosen a house, and the rent does not include bills, then you could either ask the letting agent or the current tenants what they are paying roughly.

If not, then its always something you can ask when viewing houses, either those showing you around or the people that are living there (who are pretty likely to be current students).

Between 6 of you, there is plenty of scope for keeping food bills to a minimum, by cooking meals together. If one of you can source a Slow cooker (or chip in) then you can make all sorts in these. Big pots of pasta sauce can be separated and frozen.

With a little forward planning you can be eating cheap, wholesome food and have the money to spare .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.